arne you are the man nklr

DSN_KLR650
Les Hall

[dsn_klr650] nklr: insurance company recommendations and\or war

Post by Les Hall » Fri Apr 14, 2000 6:39 pm

on 4/14/00 4:30 PM, EdB@... did writ:
> I called Progressive > and got what I think is a competitive qoute from them
I at first got insurance through Progressive then I posted a message a bit like you have done and learned that somebody 15 years younger than me in a worse part of the state with a worse driving record was paying something like $150 less for more coverage! I of course called them and they were totally unwilling to change my rate, talk about the discrepancy etc, so I dumped them and joined up with Dairyland based on somebody's recomendation. It has been my experience though that for every person that complains about a certain company you will find another that praises them... I use an agency here in Texas that specialize in motorcycles and I am very happy with the service and rate. Might be worth calling to get a quote. Sue Haley Haley Insurance Company PO Box 8787 The Woodlands TX 77387 888 424 5377 Good luck, Les

Steamroller

Post by Steamroller » Sat Apr 15, 2000 6:58 am

My $.02 Markel Insurance, dba, Bikeline. 1996 KLR650, 1999 VN750, 100/300/100, plus full coverage. 2 Licensed riders. Me and my wife. 365 day policy, New York State. $410 per year. My friend wrecked a 1999 ZRX1100 last year, out of work 3 months, bike totaled, had Bikeline. They paid everything without a hassle. Just my experience, NY Pete -----Original Message----- From: EdB@... To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Date: Friday, April 14, 2000 5:30 PM Subject: [DSN_klr650] NKLR: Insurance company recommendations and\or warnings?
>Hi gang, > >Anyone have any advice on insurance companies? I called Progressive >and got what I think is a competitive qoute from them. And they're >recommended by the AMA, for what that's worth. Anyone dealing with >Progressive? Anyone have any particularly bad experiences? (Note that >I'm not really trying to start a rant thread, a simple "they stink" >or "these guys have been pretty good" should do). > >Thanks, > >Ed >Getting closer to landing a KLR or KLX >Duvall, WA > > >------------------------------------------------------------------------ >eLerts >It's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free! >http://click.egroups.com/1/3080/3/_/911801/_/955747849/ >------------------------------------------------------------------------ > >Visit the KLR650 archives at >http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 >Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... >Let's keep this list SPAM free! > >Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 >To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > >

Chuck MacKarness

Post by Chuck MacKarness » Mon Apr 17, 2000 11:56 pm

>Anyone have any advice on insurance companies? I called Progressive >and got what I think is a competitive qoute from them. And they're >recommended by the AMA, for what that's worth. Anyone dealing with >Progressive? Anyone have any particularly bad experiences? (Note that
I just bailed on Progressive to join a GMAC subsidiary, I will get more info on the name and contact information ASAP. Their quote for my A13 is $27.00 a year. WOW! Now, do they pay? Hope to never find out, but GMAC is big enough to want to avoid liability... --- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rev. Chuck :^)>+ A13 ...Thousands of smiles and not yet broke in! http://klr650.50megs.com Want my banner on your page? http://www.50megs.com/klr650/pics/RevChucksBanner.GIF ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends! http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct

S2Mumford@aol.com

arne you are the man nklr

Post by S2Mumford@aol.com » Tue Apr 18, 2000 10:31 am

> Sarah, > > Well, the end result is that Todd, which was a good contributor to this > list, has quit it as a result of the message he got from us. > > To me the question is: could this had been avoided? I think it could... > > I also believe that you need to read Lao Tzu again...in my view his work > deals with exactly the opposite of what you say. To me the Tao Te King > softly murmurs to my ear ... "Juan, there's no need for power, only love." > (Every time I've posted the "L" word someone has gotten angry, isn't it > strange?) > I quote (and translate from Spanish) > "Dao being eternal, has no name, > It's simplicity is small, yet it can be utlilized by no one > If Kings and Governors would subject themleves to it > ...the people, free from government, would live in absolute harmony" > Lao Tzu > > Saludos > > Juan > > > Juan, I don't think it's impossible to get a point across without > violence. > > In fact, the purest exchange of information which we are engaging in
right
> > now through the internet is, of necessity, without violence. Simply > because > > we are incapable of inflicting physical harm on one another due to the > > virtual method of interaction we are engaging in. > > > > True, Arne does put his point across more forcefully and directly than > some > > others. But power and force are not always violence. Have you never > studied > > the teachings of Lao Tzu? The teachings are full of power, and imbued
with
> > force. However they are far from violent. > > > > The question is, do most community members understand the gentle guiding > > hand directing them towards a nobler place? Or, as a community grows, is > it > > necessary to sometimes have hard and fast rules, enforce them as such,
and
> > allow no exceptions even for long-standing members, or new members, or
any
> > other sort of group which may clamor for exception from the community > > standard? > > > > Not easy questions to answer. It's also not easy to be in charge of an > > anarchic community that doesn't have any binding vows holding its members > > together. > > > > I hope we can all continue to find our own way and enjoy each other's > > company until it comes time to part amicably... > > > > ---o&>o--- > > Sarah Barwig > > sarah@...
OR like Motley Crue says.. " Girl, don't go away mad. Girl, just go awayyyyyy!" Arne you're 100% right ya big hunk of back bacon. Life's too short to read that poo. CA Stu