[dsn_klr650] skid plates...

DSN_KLR650
Krgrife@aol.com

[dsn_klr650] rear brake pad wear question

Post by Krgrife@aol.com » Mon Apr 10, 2000 4:51 pm

In a message dated 4/10/00 1:09:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mseiler@... writes: << I notice that the rear brake pads on my A3 wear unevenly. It's pretty significant. I just put on a set of EBC's 3000 miles ago and now the inner pad (that's the smaller pad) is worn almost to the backing plate. The other pad shows little wear. Is this typical? I do ride my bike pretty hard, but would expect a little more mileage out of the binders. >> Make sure that the slider pins are clean of corrosion and gunk and use a light coat of silicone grease on them, also on the anti-rattle spring. The pad that shows little wear may be hanging up. If the pads and springs are properly installed the wear should be more even. Kurt Grife

Dash Weeks

Post by Dash Weeks » Mon Apr 10, 2000 5:21 pm

You could oil your squeeky brakes and they'll quiet down quite a bit. Stopping will be difficult, but hey who needs brakes? Ride it Like you Stole it. NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known and whose adhesive power cannot therefore be permanently guaranteed. Aren't ya glad your brake packaging didn't say that? LaterZ Dash At 04:02 PM 4/10/00 +0000, you wrote:
>I installed some pads on mine (rear) a few months ago and they have chirped >and squeaked since then. Can't figure out why. Guess I'll get some new ones >again (they were pads from an accessory place - I bought new ones for the >front from Kawasaki -for $35.00- and they are fine). Is it me or is it the >pads. > >Criswell > >Bogdan Swider wrote: > >> > I notice that the rear brake pads on my A3 wear unevenly. It's pretty >> > significant. I just put on a set of EBC's 3000 miles ago and now the >> > inner pad (that's the smaller pad) is worn almost to the backing plate. >> > The other pad shows little wear. Is this typical? I do ride my bike >> > pretty hard, but would expect a little more mileage out of the binders. >> > >> > Kev >> > >> Yeah that's what mine look like. Maybe they wear unevenly cause the piston >> pushes the inner pad. I've got 15k miles on mine but I don't use my rear >> brake much. You could go to a harder compound but that's supposed to be >> rough on the rotor. Bogdan
A2 - Da' Bomb No Longer Crashing for Beer Will wheelie for Virgin Oil

Krgrife@aol.com

Post by Krgrife@aol.com » Mon Apr 10, 2000 6:45 pm

In a message dated 4/10/00 3:02:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ron.criswell@... writes: << I installed some pads on mine (rear) a few months ago and they have chirped and squeaked since then. Can't figure out why. Guess I'll get some new ones again (they were pads from an accessory place - I bought new ones for the front from Kawasaki -for $35.00- and they are fine). Is it me or is it the pads. >> Any auto parts store can sell you some gunk (technical term) that is applied in very small amounts to the back side of the brake pads. Its appropriately called "anti-squeal". I use the Permatex brand. Kurt Grife

Todd & Angel

Post by Todd & Angel » Mon Apr 10, 2000 7:14 pm

----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] mseiler@... [b]To:[/b] DSN_klr650@egroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, April 10, 2000 1:47 PM [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_klr650] rear brake pad wear question I notice that the rear brake pads on my A3 wear unevenly. It's pretty significant. I just put on a set of EBC's 3000 miles ago and now the inner pad (that's the smaller pad) is worn almost to the backing plate. The other pad shows little wear. Is this typical? I do ride my bike pretty hard, but would expect a little more mileage out of the binders. Kev [i]Lube the pins the caliper slides on.  Sounds like it's sticking somewhat.  This'll grind one pad down fairly quickly.[/i] [i]IMHO,[/i] [i]Todd[/i] [i]A14[/i] [i]CO [/i]

Todd & Angel

[dsn_klr650] skid plates...

Post by Todd & Angel » Wed Apr 12, 2000 8:07 pm

I had a strange interchange with Mike Walburn a couple of weeks ago...strange in that he was talking about the stock skid plate and saying he still has his and has never experienced any difficulties. All it meant to me was that I wish I could "ride like Mike". What I did to my Moose plate was nearly unspeakable and yet it still lives out there.... Kurt [i]I ran into somewhat the same concept while purchasing my skid plate from a local dealer.  The salesman suggested I didn't really need it as the stock one was adequate.  I thought back to some of the rocks I had crawled over the previous weekend and then thought of my waterpump.  I now own my very own, personal Moose skidplate.  [/i] [i]Todd [/i]