[dsn_klr650] 2 way radio

DSN_KLR650
Dustin McCarty

gino's reviews

Post by Dustin McCarty » Sat Apr 08, 2000 12:02 am

Gino, Just purchased my KLR650 about a month ago. Now I have read your reviews on the dualsport.org website. Possibly made a bad choice for the dual sport of my dreams???? Maybe the KTM? I was not really impressed with the DR650 I saw for 2000, but I am probably revealing my ignorance. SO, tell me, why should I have chosen the KLR? Why do you ride one when you have such fine things to say about the other bikes? Convince me I made the right choice. That KTM sure does look like a fine bike. Other's responses are very welcomed too...maybe Bogdan...naw, he NEVER has a strong opinion! :-] Not meaning to be offensive...just have little knowledge and want to expand it. Also have a friend who will be pruchasing a new Dual Sport pretty soon. Thanks, Dust A14 Man with Big Grin ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

Bullseye

[dsn_klr650] 2 way radio

Post by Bullseye » Sat Apr 08, 2000 8:18 pm

John, there's a company called PRYME, they deal with mics and other stuff for ham radio. I'm sure you'll find something through them. They make stuff for helmets. They have a website, don't recall what it is but I'm sure their name is in it. From what I've heard, the aux power connectors behind the cluster will be fine. You have like 10amps available through there. That should be PLENTY for a cb that only putts out 4watts. Ever think about getting your ham radio license? Much better communications and much further. If you have any questions about it let me know. Bullseye