what's the world coming to? nklr

DSN_KLR650
DonJonuska@webtv.net

[dsn_klr650] (nklr)colorado springs trails

Post by DonJonuska@webtv.net » Fri Apr 07, 2000 9:11 pm

Attachments :
    The map I was looking at is called "Pikes Peak Atlas" by Robert Ormes and Robert Houdek, and Im pretty sure that I got it up at Grand West Outfitters. It is a detailed map(one large page) that has a lot of trail descriptions around the outside. You might also check at the visitor center at the park since the parking area for the lower end of the trail is actually in Cheyenne canyon with a metal sign saying "Multi Use Trail". Don KLR A13 73' TS185

DonJonuska@webtv.net

Post by DonJonuska@webtv.net » Sat Apr 08, 2000 3:13 pm

Attachments :
      That sounds like lower gold camp road. People were signing petitions at the trailhead when I was there in 94-96 to try and keep it as a foot/bicycle path only. I guess that attempt failed. The multi use trailhead is on the lower road leaving from that parking lot. Don KLR A13 73' TS185

Bogdan Swider

what's the world coming to? nklr

Post by Bogdan Swider » Sat Apr 08, 2000 5:33 pm

Just goes to blow you. Yesterday I took a 200 mile, clear my head ride. (all pavement) In a Taco Bell parking lot a guy on a Harley dresser pulled up next to me. Since he passed Kurt S's profile test (he was wearing a helmet), I graciously allowed him to talk to me. Seems he was a long time Bemmer guy. The repairs and maintenance on his last Bavarian, a K1100 were breaking him (mostly electronic stuff like ABS trouble but also super-complicated valve adjustments). Two years ago he gave up and traded the BMW for something reliable, a big Harley. Since then he's ridden trouble free. What IS the world coming to? Bogdan

Bogdan Swider

Post by Bogdan Swider » Sat Apr 08, 2000 6:03 pm

> I was sitting at home looking at some maps that I had from when I was > stationed at Ft. Carson and wondering if an of our CS people have ever > taken their KLRs up the Multi-Use trail out of Cheyenne Park. >
      Don, I believe I've ridden part of that trail; it was a handful. Bogdan