swingarm bolt

DSN_KLR650
Scherer, Michael

[dsn_klr650] strange and unusual nklr

Post by Scherer, Michael » Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:17 pm

I have seen it on scooters but never on a full size machine. It sounds cool but not something that would interest me. Would you be interested in something like that? It is like trikes, it takes away from the whole motorcycing experience. IMHO of course. Biker Mike -----Original Message----- From: k650dsn@... [mailto:k650dsn@...] Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 5:00 PM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Strange and unusual NKLR This week I saw the most bizarre motorcycle accessory ever. On Wednsday, I saw a Goldwing and K1200LT pulling onto the Interstate. They each had this huge windshield that arced up and over the rider's head. If the rider look straight a their 11 o'clock, they would be looking through the top of the windshield. Today I saw the same two bikes, this time they had rear windshields attached also. The appeared to be attached to a frame mounted to the rear trunk. These rear windhields arced and met the front windshield above the rider's head. Both days were quite breezy and both times they were getting on the Interstate. They had California plates. Both riders were in Aerostitch suits and had some writing on the back, but I could not read it. My guess is that they may be testing these in windy conditions as soon to be released products or something of that nature. Has anyone ever heard of anyting like this available touring bikes? It just seems really strange. Gino ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Win $1000 at eGroups! Click here to find out how: http://click.egroups.com/1/2861/3/_/_/_/955141204/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Stuart Heaslet

Post by Stuart Heaslet » Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:52 pm

At 04:59 PM 4/7/00 -0400, k650dsn@... wrote:
>On Wednsday, I saw a Goldwing and K1200LT pulling onto the Interstate. >They each had this huge windshield that arced up and over the rider's
head...
>Both riders were in Aerostitch suits
I wonder why they needed the Aerostitch suits? I would ride nekkid, and have the road all to myself. Fireball

billmonahan

Post by billmonahan » Fri Apr 07, 2000 8:44 pm

Today I saw the same two bikes, this time they had rear windshields attached also. The appeared to be attached to a frame mounted to the rear trunk.  These rear windhields arced and met the front windshield above the rider's head.  Both days were quite breezy and both times they were getting on the Interstate.  They had California plates.  Both riders were in Aerostitch suits and had some writing on the back, but I could not read it       NUCKIN FUTS?

dobeman@sprint.ca

swingarm bolt

Post by dobeman@sprint.ca » Fri Apr 07, 2000 9:53 pm

> Serviced the unitrac, no problem, but tried to remove swingarm, nut came
off,
> bolt turns freely but will not slide out, is there a locking mechanism or
a
> trick to getting bolt out.
You are talking about the big long bolt? f I remember properly I used a hammer and drift to get mine started and then I was able to pull it out the rest of the way. Karl