Re: Need prebuilt B9 parts ( a beyond novice builder... sadly)

john.kowall

Need prebuilt B9 parts ( a beyond novice builder... sadly)

Post by john.kowall » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:49 am

Hi John Kowall here member B9-0676 , I have gotten a lot of great advice and help from a lot of the more advanced builders on here and I appreciate all of your input . But I have found it hard to follow lighting charts and robotic parts and I have watched many of your amazing video's I am just amazed by what I see but do not follow at all!.. Lol... I just don't have that skill .. I have been reading up and I am overwhelmed and out of my league . So I really need to fine pre-made parts for B9's .. Especially legs , sound systems that work on blue tooth ... Or builders who build B9's for other people .
I feel like I am cheating ... But I am just not getting how these awesome Robot B9 parts come together and work . I hope "you" the members do not judge me too harshly ... I am fortunate to have the B9 I have ... But I really want mine to move and do some of the amazing things a lot of you fine people are building . I am just not a handy guy and know zip about ohms and circuit breakers ... Oh how I wish I did ..
So if there is anyone out there that has prebuilt working B9 pieces or if anyone builds B9's ... I would appreciate your help .... With gratitude , John K.

deroseje

Post by deroseje » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Attachments :Hi John,

I'm neither of the things you are requesting.  But I AM like you.  I don't understand said charts, schematics, ohms, resistors, etc.   But what I have done is (A) manage my expectations and (B) improvise.  

For instance, I don't expect to ever have a b9 as complicated or capable as the crazy marvel that Dave Schulpius is building.  But I CAN create one that looks pretty much like his marvel.  Mine is just amazingly simple inside.

I've purchased lighting kits and parts kits and have followed the step by step directions.....one piece at a time and so far, it's worked and I haven't burned my house down! ;-)

Regardless if you build or buy, I hope you eventually get the b9 you want.  No judgements from this builder.

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad
------ Original Message ------

To: B9Builders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: October 5, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Subject: [B9Builders] Need prebuilt B9 parts ( a beyond novice builder... sadly)

Hi John Kowall here member B9-0676 , I have gotten a lot of great advice and help from a lot of the more advanced builders on here and I appreciate all of your input . But I have found it hard to follow lighting charts and robotic parts and I have watched many of your amazing video's I am just amazed by what I see but do not follow at all!.. Lol... I just don't have that skill .. I have been reading up and I am overwhelmed and out of my league . So I really need to fine pre-made parts for B9's .. Especially legs , sound systems that work on blue tooth ... Or builders who build B9's for other people .
I feel like I am cheating ... But I am just not getting how these awesome Robot B9 parts come together and work . I hope "you" the members do not judge me too harshly ... I am fortunate to have the B9 I have ... But I really want mine to move and do some of the amazing things a lot of you fine people are building . I am just not a handy guy and know zip about ohms and circuit breakers ... Oh how I wish I did ..
So if there is anyone out there that has prebuilt working B9 pieces or if anyone builds B9's ... I would appreciate your help .... With gratitude , John K.

WIlliam Colleton

Post by WIlliam Colleton » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm going to make friends with some students at MIT!! I have trouble just changing a light bulb!!
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM, jeff.derose@comcast.net [B9Builders] wrote:

Hi John,

I'm neither of the things you are requesting. But I AM like you. I don't understand said charts, schematics, ohms, resistors, etc. But what I have done is (A) manage my expectations and (B) improvise.

For instance, I don't expect to ever have a b9 as complicated or capable as the crazy marvel that Dave Schulpius is building. But I CAN create one that looks pretty much like his marvel. Mine is just amazingly simple inside.

I've purchased lighting kits and parts kits and have followed the step by step directions.....one piece at a time and so far, it's worked and I haven't burned my house down! ;-)

Regardless if you build or buy, I hope you eventually get the b9 you want. No judgements from this builder.

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

Subject: [B9Builders] Need prebuilt B9 parts ( a beyond novice builder... sadly)

ponyboy8844

Post by ponyboy8844 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:27 pm

I agree. I went super simple as well. My Robot doesn't have all the moving mechanical parts either. Back when I was building my Robot in 1999, the parts were just starting to get really good. I bought them all as I knew I couldn't make them. For the chest lights I used a "chaser" light kit from Radio Shack and the chest buttons are lit from a 4 watt night light bulb from behind! The chaser light kit had instructions on where everything went and I just followed the picture. I can solder but that's about it! Haha! I wish I had the knowledge to make all this stuff or the moving parts but I just made do with what I could. Even my Robot's arms stay retracted with magnets because there were no wrist hooks back then. So enjoy making your Robot the way you can and want. No two are the same. In the meantime I'm loving all the innovations people are coming up with and the incredible skills I'm seeing in this club! One of the many things that make this group so fun!  -Roy

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/06/2015 1:53 PM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [B9Builders] Need prebuilt B9 parts ( a beyond novice builder... sadly)

Hi John,

I'm neither of the things you are requesting.  But I AM like you.  I don't understand said charts, schematics, ohms, resistors, etc.   But what I have done is (A) manage my expectations and (B) improvise.  

For instance, I don't expect to ever have a b9 as complicated or capable as the crazy marvel that Dave Schulpius is building.  But I CAN create one that looks pretty much like his marvel.  Mine is just amazingly simple inside.

Regardless if you build or buy, I hope you eventually get the b9 you want.  No judgements from this builder.

Best,

Jeff-

Sent from my iPad

dmw0dmw

Post by dmw0dmw » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Consider Socking money away in a special account and waiting for someone to sell their complete robot on Ebay.

If they don't sell their complete robot, someone will have accumulated a horde of parts that they will discount for a quick sale and usually announce it here.

When that happens, you want to be liquid and quick to buy it up but also savvy enough to know the value that are are getting.

Dennis

To: "B9Builders"
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:49:05 AM