central iowa riders

DSN_KLR650
Rick

how much to lower an 08

Post by Rick » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 pm

I always love this to lower or not lower discussion. There are no winners just what you want. I, personally, have found when the road, trail or whatever is not level, falling down, because of the KLR 36" seat height stock, is not acceptable to me. The KLR is top heavy, most here would agree with this. When the KLR starts to fall over, let it go, because you will pull your back our trying to save it. Make sure you get gladiator gear for the radiator before for you start riding. You'll save yourself a bunch of $$$ in repairs.
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "digger8668" wrote: > > Any suggestions as to how far? I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam. Weigh 180 >

revmaaatin

how much to lower an 08

Post by revmaaatin » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:53 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Jud Jones" wrote:
> > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, Xegunda wrote: > > > > Okay, I am in the market to buy a 2008 klr. > > How do you do the stop with the stock seat height and > > a 28 inch leg to the ground? > > > > just wondering, I am a 5' 6", 32". > > EThanks. > > Eckie Prater > > OKC > > --- Jud Jones wrote: > > > > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "digger8668" > > > wrote: > > > > > > > > Any suggestions as to how far? I am 5'9" with a > > > 30" inseam. Weigh 180 > > > > > > > > > > I'm with the guys who say don't lower it at all. > > > 5'8", 28" inseam. > > > > > 1. Apply the brakes > 2. As the bike comes to a halt, put a foot down. The KLR is a mono-
track vehicle, only
> stable when it is moving. Putting a foot dow will prevent it
tipping over at rest. For longer
> stops, use the sidestand. >
Judd, I am certain that the earlier KLR's were not mono-track but unitrac. They were forced to remove the unitrac sticker because of unicorn union infringement litigations. At least, that is what I remember. I think it was that gal (Jennifer?) killed down in Mexico who first posted why the KLR rear swingarm/changed from being unitrac to a nameless swingarm assembly (not seen in the FAQ). cough. revmaaatin.

Michael Nelson

central iowa riders

Post by Michael Nelson » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:39 pm

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 03:24:30AM -0000, revmaaatin wrote:
> --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "here6971" wrote: > > > > Are there any central Iowa riders around? Or are you to busy > > Caucausing. > > > Ping Alan Henderson > revmaaatin.
You know, if someone offered me $1,000 to caucus, I wouldn't know what to do. -- "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." -- Mark Twain San Francisco, CA