went for a ride this am

DSN_KLR650
Steve/Amy Becker

[dsn_klr650] klr [ the perfect garage ]

Post by Steve/Amy Becker » Thu May 18, 2000 3:18 pm

-----Original Message----- From: Arne Larsen To: Steve/Amy Becker ; KLR650 LIST DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Date: Thursday, May 18, 2000 12:40 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] KLR [ The perfect garage ]
>Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] KLR [ The perfect garage ] > > >> > I'm working on plans to build myself the perfect motorcycle shop. >> > 18'Wx32'Dx10'H will most likely be the size. Insulated and drywalled. >> > [painted off-white, a red stripe about 4 foot high, and dark blue from >there >> > to the floor] > >One thing I didn't think of Steve is that you might want to consider a >second story. Maybe something with a vaulted ceiling and dormers. Great >storage area and a better place for that futon. =^) > >But then, to avoid posts in the floor you'd have to go with an engineered >joist to span the 18' width you want to cover. No big thing... just costs
a
>little more - that's all. > >Cheers, > >Arne
Cool idea. Arne Then I could put in a fire pole. I wanted one for ever. Steve Becker (_!_) $

Dash Weeks

Post by Dash Weeks » Thu May 18, 2000 10:17 pm

Positive pressure buildings always have air leaving the largest openings and air only entering the smallest (usually filtered) openings. What you get is a very clean shop by not letting outside air in until you get all the goobers out of it. Sure big open garage doors are great in the summer, but a lot of gunk comes in there. A posi pressure shope helps keep the crud outside. When you are sweeping, you just crack the roll up a bit and start sweeping, all the dirt gets sucked out the crack in the door. Most buildings are positive pressure, especially office buildings with central air. But sheds and garages are typically ambient pressure buildings. Meaning that air is allowed to flow where ever it feels easiest at the moment. Some would say it doesn't matter, but I prefer to have a bit of control over the cleanliness of my workspaces. At least I know the mess is Mine. LaterZ Dash At 01:26 PM 5/18/00 -0700, Steve/Amy Becker wrote:
>I not sure I understand what Positive pressure is. Is this fans sucking >air out up high/with air coming in below >Steve Becker >KLR A13

Steve/Amy Becker

Post by Steve/Amy Becker » Thu May 18, 2000 11:10 pm

-----Original Message----- From: Dash Weeks To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Date: Thursday, May 18, 2000 8:17 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] KLR [ The perfect garage ]
>Positive pressure buildings always have air leaving the largest openings >and air only entering the smallest (usually filtered) openings. What you >get is a very clean shop by not letting outside air in until you get all >the goobers out of it. Dash
what do I need to set up a Positive pressure system. Any links or websites Thanks Steve

Dash Weeks

Post by Dash Weeks » Thu May 18, 2000 11:36 pm

> > >Positive pressure buildings always have air leaving the largest openings > >and air only entering the smallest (usually filtered) openings. What you > >get is a very clean shop by not letting outside air in until you get all > >the goobers out of it. Dash > >what do I need to set up a Positive pressure system. Any links or websites >Thanks Steve
Wow, Now you want something useful... Whew... Tonight isn't good for that.... PUI and Honey just got home from class. Just about any search on energy efficient homes (many similar practices) will yield the Gist of what you need. As Sarah pointed out and I failed to mention. You push air in not suck it in. So you want a fan pushing air through a filter and into the space. My text (earlier post) about sweeping with a roll up.... The dirt isn't sucked out it is pushed out, more or less. Talk with any local HVAC guy and tell him what you are doing. Speak with a Mech. contractor as well. You can find some pretty large squirrel cages at a surplus yard, for a good price. I like squirrel cages because you can easily attach a filter and optional duct work. Rotary fans tend to be larger and bulkier for the same CFM. laterZ Dash

Calis

Post by Calis » Fri May 19, 2000 11:50 am

--------- Cool idea. Arne Then I could put in a fire pole. I wanted one for ever. Steve Becker (_!_) $ -------- Fire pole would certainly come in handy when you had the dancers over. Calis

Dale Johnson

went for a ride this am

Post by Dale Johnson » Sat May 20, 2000 3:16 pm

Well my wife is ready to pop any second, so i grabbed the cell phone and went riding this morning. I left the house at 4:30am to try to make it home before the kids woke up. Well I was not quite all the way awake I guess, because I crashed a few times, LOL. I broke my clutch lever in half, bent my front brake lever, put a dent in the OTHER side of my gas tank (I have a dent from last time on left, now a bigger one on right). I had a great time. I have a bruise that covers my entire calf. I made it home by 7am rode about 35 miles. But I did familiarize myself with the fire trails near my house and can't wait for the next time. I know which areas to avoid and I saw a place that I wanted to go but didn't have enough time. Dale A14 with 5700 miles