Re: tops and rear windows

Dean Jensen

tops and rear windows

Post by Dean Jensen » Thu Jan 27, 2000 5:59 am

For what it is worth, I believe that I have the original top for my TC 5010, March l948, it is faded but would seem to be fawn, two windows Cheers Dean

Jennifer and Hugh Pite

Post by Jennifer and Hugh Pite » Thu Jan 27, 2000 9:17 am

Hi Dean, could I get some measurements from your two window top? I am in the process of restoring a basket case TC and the top that I have has two windows, but the box that it came in says "TD". I would like to be sure that the top is indeed for a TC and not a non-original TD top. Hugh Pite
----- Original Message ----- From: djensen@accessus.net To: mg-tabc@egroups.com Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 6:06 AM Subject: [mg-tabc] tops and rear windows
For what it is worth, I believe that I have the original top for my TC 5010, March l948, it is faded but would seem to be fawn, two windows Cheers Dean Image eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/mg-tabc
www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications

Dean Jensen

Post by Dean Jensen » Thu Jan 27, 2000 1:27 pm

Hi Hugh Will be glad to get the measurements, I will have to find it, but I know I still have it. I know it is a two window top, period. On the exact curves I will not be able to help, as some one before me, cut part of the center section out, and screw in a frame, with glass in it, like on some of the old cars. There is enought of the center to tell that it was a two window top. Probably the plastic broke, or was so badly scratched, so this was the way they fixed it, to make it work. Let me know exactly what you need and I will get it. It seems to me that the TC Motoring Guild, has a paper out on the measurements, can someone in california look? Regards Dean
-----Original Message-----
To: Dean Jensen ; tabc-forever
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2000 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] tops and rear windows

Hi Dean, could I get some measurements from your two window top? I am in the process of restoring a basket case TC and the top that I have has two windows, but the box that it came in says "TD". I would like to be sure that the top is indeed for a TC and not a non-original TD top. Hugh Pite ----- Original Message ----- From: djensen@accessus.net To: mg-tabc@egroups.com Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2000 6:06 AM Subject: [mg-tabc] tops and rear windows
For what it is worth, I believe that I have the original top for my TC 5010, March l948, it is faded but would seem to be fawn, two windows Cheers Dean Image eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/mg-tabc
www.egroups.com - Simplifying group communications