Accuspark Dynamator.

Tweed

Accuspark Dynamator.

Post by Tweed » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:02 am

Hi all,  before the Yahoo Groups deadline,  has anyone had experience of fitting an Accuspark Dynamator to their TC using a 'dummy' RF95 regulator?   The instructions leave more than a bit to be desired, to this luddite anyway. 
I got the Dynamator from a chap that bought a positive earth version, with tacho drive, in error. It was new complete with 'instructions' and a relay for the ignition light.  
The wiring is upgraded to 45A and the original RF95 control box has been replaced by a 'dummy' unit as it seemed the simplest thing to do. That part was easy enough. 
The only thing that required the use of more than one brain cell was wiring the relay .. which is where I've obviously done a 'wrong'un'!  As soon as I connected the battery, big sparks from the terminal and smoke from the dash!!!   It can only be a problem with the relay for when I disconnected it, no smoke.  It maybe very expensive Joe Lucas smoke, but I'd rather not have it!    
The other annomally is the red ignition light comes on as soon as the battery is connected.  ???   I can see this dynamator going in the bin and the trusty old dynamo going back on. 
Ever wished you'd left well alone!!