New MG-TABC Group Announcement: MODERATOR

Michael L. Stokes

New MG-TABC Group Announcement: MODERATOR

Post by Michael L. Stokes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Due to the reduction of support for mailing lists by YahooGroups, starting today the membership of the MG-TABC Yahoo group can sign up for the NEW and IMPROVED email list sponsored by https://groups.io/g/MG-TABC There are several ways of signing up for the new group: 1) Send an email to me and I will send an invitational by email that has a link in it to sign up, or if you wish to sign up on your own by sending an email to MG-TABC+subscribe@groups.io with subject line "subscribe". Alternately, if you wish to sign up by webpage goto https://groups.io/g/MG-TABC and on the right-hand side at the top you will see a clickable button to "Sign Up". It's that easy. The posts will arrive in your email just like they used to if you prefer email, or you can use the web page mentioned above to view and submit posts. So you might ask if the old yahoo group is going away? The answer is "yes" but the date of closure has not been set. However, I recommend you take the opportunity to sign-up for the new group before Dec. 14 when the reduction of services begins. Messages posted on the new site will be reposted to the old site (and vice versa) until Dec. 15. After that, any messages posted on the old site will only me seen by the other procrastinators (hopefully a small audience). The process of moving to the new group site is on-going. We are still in the process of moving the old messages into a format that is searchable, and uploading all the files and attachments from the old site. So please bear with us moderators as there is dust on the floor and plastic on the seats. If you have questions please ask! Regards, Mike S, Steve S, Tom Wilson, Bill Harte (MG-TABC Team)

John Kallend

Re: New MG-TABC Group Announcement: MODERATOR

Post by John Kallend » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 pm

Please send link to new group.
On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 4:52 PM 'MIchael L. Stokes' stokes@aris.net [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] Due to the reduction of support for mailing lists by YahooGroups, starting today the membership of the MG-TABC Yahoo group can sign up for the NEW and IMPROVED email list sponsored by https://groups.io/g/MG-TABC There are several ways of signing up for the new group: 1) Send an email to me and I will send an invitational by email that has a link in it to sign up, or if you wish to sign up on your own by sending an email to MG-TABC%2Bsubscribe@groups.io with subject line "subscribe". Alternately, if you wish to sign up by webpage goto https://groups.io/g/MG-TABC and on the right-hand side at the top you will see a clickable button to "Sign Up". It's that easy. The posts will arrive in your email just like they used to if you prefer email, or you can use the web page mentioned above to view and submit posts. So you might ask if the old yahoo group is going away? The answer is "yes" but the date of closure has not been set. However, I recommend you take the opportunity to sign-up for the new group before Dec. 14 when the reduction of services begins. Messages posted on the new site will be reposted to the old site (and vice versa) until Dec. 15. After that, any messages posted on the old site will only me seen by the other procrastinators (hopefully a small audience). The process of moving to the new group site is on-going. We are still in the process of moving the old messages into a format that is searchable, and uploading all the files and attachments from the old site. So please bear with us moderators as there is dust on the floor and plastic on the seats. If you have questions please ask! Regards, Mike S, Steve S, Tom Wilson, Bill Harte (MG-TABC Team)
-- _____________________________John KallendProfessor EmeritusDepartment of Mechanical, Materials and Aerospace EngineeringDepartment of PhysicsIIT, Chicago