More vintage MG J2 prices

Bill Hyatt

Post by Bill Hyatt » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:51 am

https://www.graemehunt.com/inventory/490/1933-mg-j2

Bill

TC 4926

Odessa, Fl

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Mike Inglehearn mingle54@btinternet.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:57 AM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com; Jean Vignau jeanvignau@orange.fr> [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] TB prices

Further to my last, the engine is tuned and has larger carbs though the original carbs were included in the sale and the car currently has the FIA passport for international competitions, all in all NOT a normal TB.

As Jeff has said for an immaculate and original car with matching numbers, 50-60,000 is probably about the right price, however competition history and / or a distinguished past owner can make a big difference!

On Monday, 11 November 2019, 21:56:44 CET, Mike Inglehearn mingle54@btinternet.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I don't think the price was a reflection of TB prices more to do with the history. The car had been owned by a renowned racing driver who competed in it in the Mille Miglia three times, the Targa Florio and the Gran Premio Nuvolari!

On Monday, 11 November 2019, 17:40:31 CET, 'Jean Vignau' jeanvignau@orange.fr [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

A TB was auctionned, on the25th of september 2019, 108,724 by Padova Finarte, so there were at least 2 would be bidders.

It was within its estimated value of, if I remember well, 85/115,000 .

You can see it on their website, finarte.it and then automobili da collezionz-Finarte.

It was very clean looking, said to be prepared for events such as the Mille Miglia, Targa Florio (or Pebble Beach)!

The only pre-war 4-cylinders MGs eligible for such events are the PB and TB.

The radiator grille should not be black, the seats are non original, nor are the headlights, fog light or air filters. The engine looks standard.

A new trend ? Any other example ?

The end of TBs being paid less than the TA specials called Q-types ?

arm@telus.net

Re: More vintage MG J2 prices

Post by arm@telus.net » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:19 am

Thanks for that link. Made my face hurt from grinning Ross [b]From: [/b]"'Bill Hyatt' usaj24@earthlink.net [mg-tabc]" mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]To: [/b]"Mike Inglehearn" mingle54@btinternet.com>, "mg-tabc" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com>, "Jean Vignau" jeanvignau@orange.fr> [b]Sent: [/b]Tuesday, 12 November, 2019 06:51:09 [b]Subject: [/b][mg-tabc] More vintage  MG J2 prices  

Bill

TC 4926

Odessa, Fl

From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com On Behalf Of Mike Inglehearn mingle54@btinternet.com [mg-tabc] Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:57 AM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com; Jean Vignau jeanvignau@orange.fr> Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TB prices

Further to my last, the engine is tuned and has larger carbs though the original carbs were included in the sale and the car currently has the FIA passport for international competitions, all in all NOT a normal TB.

As Jeff has said for an immaculate and original car with matching numbers, 50-60,000 is probably about the right price, however competition history and / or a distinguished past owner can make a big difference!

On Monday, 11 November 2019, 21:56:44 CET, Mike Inglehearn mingle54@btinternet.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I don't think the price was a reflection of TB prices more to do with the history. The car had been owned by a renowned racing driver who competed in it in the Mille Miglia three times, the Targa Florio and the Gran Premio Nuvolari!

On Monday, 11 November 2019, 17:40:31 CET, 'Jean Vignau' jeanvignau@orange.fr [mg-tabc] wrote:

A TB was auctionned, on the25th of september 2019, 108,724 by Padova Finarte, so there were at least 2 would be bidders.

It was within its estimated value of, if I remember well, 85/115,000 .

You can see it on their website, finarte.it and then automobili da collezionz-Finarte.

It was very clean looking, said to be prepared for events such as the Mille Miglia, Targa Florio (or Pebble Beach)!

The only pre-war 4-cylinders MGs eligible for such events are the PB and TB.

The radiator grille should not be black, the seats are non original, nor are the headlights, fog light or air filters. The engine looks standard.

A new trend ? Any other example ?

The end of TBs being paid less than the TA specials called Q-types ?

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:34 am

As far as I m concerned these prices reflect the present economic situation and the ability of those with too much money to hide it from the worst damage it is creating more than anything intrinsic in the cars themselves.

Is this the car which was at the NEC last week?

Ian Thomson