TB prices

jeffrey townsend

Re: TB prices

Post by jeffrey townsend » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello Miguel, Thanks for the very interesting views on using a TB for these events. I agree that they are a great car to drive.  For the record could you confirm the chassis number of the TB that you used and whether you still have the car.  Kind Regards  Jeff. TB0489 Sent from my iPhone
On 19 Nov 2019, at 16:02, miska17@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Hello everybody! Going back to the discussion I would like to share with the group my own experience with this model which I purchased in 2013 only because it was MM eligible. I had done the revival version on many occasions, driving Healey Silverstone, Lancia B20, Fiat Coppa D oro, with decent performances ranging from 11th to 40 overall. The event on board of a 1.250 cc car is by no means a picnic outing. For instance I drove the four stages of the 2016 MM under heavy rain most of the part at top or almost top speed most of the time so as to reach the imposed stage times. It was wonderful .... a fascinating all out 1.600 km race, I just loved it. Same applies to the many times I did the Nuvolari, the Mitteleuropean race in Trieste, etc. The TB is a formidable contender, more than welcome by organizers of these events and at a fair price, it drives smoothly, requires constant attention to steering and brakes, a pleasure to drive .... And all is done at its maximum speed potential. Is there a better scenario? I also did a few long distance road trips (circa 2.000 km each) through small roads in France and Spain, delightful experiences which I do definitely recommend. Kind regards to all group members, Miguel

Miska

Re: TB prices

Post by Miska » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Hi Jeff, Ir is an ex Kent police car registration number GKL 64. Chasis TB 0470 - engine XPAG 714. I keep the car in Brescia together with another MG, a 1.959 A Coupe with some minor rally accesories,  Best regardsMiguel mg
On Nov 19, 2019, at 2:02 PM, jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Hello Miguel, Thanks for the very interesting views on using a TB for these events. I agree that they are a great car to drive.  For the record could you confirm the chassis number of the TB that you used and whether you still have the car.  Kind Regards  Jeff. TB0489 Sent from my iPhone On 19 Nov 2019, at 16:02, miska17@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Hello everybody! Going back to the discussion I would like to share with the group my own experience with this model which I purchased in 2013 only because it was MM eligible. I had done the revival version on many occasions, driving Healey Silverstone, Lancia B20, Fiat Coppa D oro, with decent performances ranging from 11th to 40 overall. The event on board of a 1.250 cc car is by no means a picnic outing. For instance I drove the four stages of the 2016 MM under heavy rain most of the part at top or almost top speed most of the time so as to reach the imposed stage times. It was wonderful .... a fascinating all out 1.600 km race, I just loved it. Same applies to the many times I did the Nuvolari, the Mitteleuropean race in Trieste, etc. The TB is a formidable contender, more than welcome by organizers of these events and at a fair price, it drives smoothly, requires constant attention to steering and brakes, a pleasure to drive .... And all is done at its maximum speed potential. Is there a better scenario? I also did a few long distance road trips (circa 2.000 km each) through small roads in France and Spain, delightful experiences which I do definitely recommend. Kind regards to all group members, Miguel