Re: [!! SPAM] Re: [mg-tabc] TC Grill, more

Bill Hyatt

Post by Bill Hyatt » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:26 am

Jan,Most plating shops are outgrowths of mom & pop Cottage businesses. Onerous EPA requirements have forced many of these locals to close down or grow large enough to be able to absorb added costs, hire proper engineers to develop new new, less toxic processes & stay compliant with various ISO QC standards that sophisticated customers require from their supply chain. As an example, it is almost impossible to today find an engine or radiator shop that offers hot tank cleaning. If available it is in a very rural area & or well hidden! Akin to back country white lighting stills. -Bill HyattSent from my iPhone
On Sep 20, 2019, at 11:43 AM, Jan Johnson jgarnaes@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Custom has done two (2) surrounds for me and both had 'blisters'; contaminated plating tanks? Jan On Thursday, September 19, 2019, 02:41:16 PM EDT, Tom Metcalf mgtom@zoominternet.net [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Custom Chrome Plating (.com) 963 Mechanic Street Grafton, Ohio   44044 440 926 3116   talk to Zack These guys do all of our high quality chrome work and are well versed in MG radiator shells, etc. Tom Metcalf in very sunny Ohio On 9/19/2019 2:09 PM, Peter Mond tangous1@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] wrote:   What was the name address of the Ohio plate place , need to do some chrome work too. Thanks MG 8015 Peter Mond On Sep 19, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Robert Lines lines4904@verizon.net [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   To all that responded - thanks.  I misspoke on the "lead" repair - meant "silver."  I am sending it off to Ohio to get it repaired. Thanks again to all. Bob

phil smith

Post by phil smith » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 am

I know of a dandy radiator shop complete with a big hot tank and the expected dinginess, central CT. Also can recommend another another era machinist/engine shop in northwest Ohio.  Now, who can recommend a good old school engine/machine shop in central CT for a F engine?  Thanks
On Sep 20, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Bill Hyatt usaj24@earthlink.net [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Jan,Most plating shops are outgrowths of mom & pop Cottage businesses. Onerous EPA requirements have forced many of these locals to close down or grow large enough to be able to absorb added costs, hire proper engineers to develop new new, less toxic processes & stay compliant with various ISO QC standards that sophisticated customers require from their supply chain. As an example, it is almost impossible to today find an engine or radiator shop that offers hot tank cleaning. If available it is in a very rural area & or well hidden! Akin to back country white lighting stills. -Bill HyattSent from my iPhone On Sep 20, 2019, at 11:43 AM, Jan Johnson jgarnaes@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Custom has done two (2) surrounds for me and both had 'blisters'; contaminated plating tanks? Jan On Thursday, September 19, 2019, 02:41:16 PM EDT, Tom Metcalf mgtom@zoominternet.net [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Custom Chrome Plating (.com) 963 Mechanic Street Grafton, Ohio   44044 440 926 3116   talk to Zack These guys do all of our high quality chrome work and are well versed in MG radiator shells, etc. Tom Metcalf in very sunny Ohio On 9/19/2019 2:09 PM, Peter Mond tangous1@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] wrote:   What was the name address of the Ohio plate place , need to do some chrome work too. Thanks MG 8015 Peter Mond On Sep 19, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Robert Lines lines4904@verizon.net [mg-tabc] wrote:   To all that responded - thanks.  I misspoke on the "lead" repair - meant "silver."  I am sending it off to Ohio to get it repaired. Thanks again to all. Bob