Re: Golf shirts

Post by larrypate90277 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:09 am

I m in.
Larry Pate
Huntington Beach, California

David Edgar

Re: Golf shirts

Post by David Edgar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:45 pm

Ink printing can be done straight onto a shirt now.  No need for silkscreening.  So anyone can take a photo and shirt of their choosing and have it printed on.  1 or 100.  You could take in different styles of shirts too. 100 percent cotton works best but you can print on blends too.  Process is called DTG (Direct To Garment) Shirt has to go through a simple prep process first.   This is fairly new technology so trick is to find someone in your area that does it.  Perhaps a T-Shirt store or high quality copy store.  A copy center at our local university here does it I know.  The book store at the university got the equipment but decided they did not want to deal with the process so turned it over to the copy center. However at the university I was told the design has to be vector based but evidently photos can be done now as per this YouTube video shows.  Video shows someone wanting to buy the equipment.  Cost to print one design in the video was like $1;50 USD but retail charges surely are higher to customers.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky_dEbNabuQ And I guess hats and other pieces of clothing can be printed on as well per the video. So the upside is if there is a printer in your area with the equipment, you can go in and have it done to the color shirt you want, size you want, number you want, and do it in America, Europe, New Zealand or wherever. Guess you could put the TABC pocket size logo on the front along with your name if you want, and photo of your TC on the back.  Add chassis number on as well.  Get a stain on your shirt or wear it out - just get another one made up at your convenience. David Edgar, TC 5108El Cajon, California