They are still out there ..

Tweed

They are still out there ..

Post by Tweed » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:52 am

Attachments :Hi all,   On a recent trip round the top of Scotland with Liz's brother in his MGA, we both stopped at a small garage to refuel.   When we went inside to pay, the owner said, 'That's a nice TC, are you doing the 500?'.  I told him I was impressed that he knew it was a 'TC, and after a few minutes chatting he then said he had one!   Needless to say I asked how and were it was and he said it was round the back, and offered to show us. :)   When the girls heard that there was some synchronous sighing and comments of ' we won't be leaving here then for a while'. He told us he had 'acquired' it 35 years ago as part of a bad debt and the photos say it all!  The guy he got it from stripped it down and had intended to rebuild it but obviously didn't get very far with it.  He was assured at the time  it was all there and had not moved since the day he stored it there.  Without moving a lot of stuff I couldn't get to see the chassis no.,  but was told it was a 1946 car.  I asked him if he thought he'd ever get round to doing anything with it,  he shrugged his shoulders and said probably not.  I'm not interested in buying it, one is enough, but just for interests sake I might contact him to get a bit more info on it and ask if he would consider letting it go.  TweedTC 0632  .. (that did not miss a beat on our 2032 mile trip.) Cambridge UK  PS ... Behind the TC was a Series 1 Land Rover .. but thankfully not quite in the same state.   [img]cid:b71da1d8-2b31-93f0-ccd1-d7fbaad50772@yahoo.com[/img] [img]cid:11bc4145-57a5-76c8-c3ad-ad5de0e9e697@yahoo.com[/img] [img]cid:e95426dd-4314-a562-5c2b-419d4e2fba9f@yahoo.com[/img]