Carb Overheat Insulating Washers

doug fromtheframeup.com

Carb Overheat Insulating Washers

Post by doug fromtheframeup.com » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:26 am

HI Norm,

The washers you mention are probably the later MG series thick washers @ .38 thick.  FTFU offers thinner washers specific for TABC, .20 thick so there is room under the bonnet.

Regards,

[b][i]Doug Pelton[/i][/b]

From The Frame Up

4064 E. Presidio St.  #104

Mesa, AZ  85215

480-588-8185

For fastest service:  order@fromtheframeup.com

Check out our website:   www.FromTheFrameUp.com

Keep up to date with:      FaceBook

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]n.truck@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, July 15, 2019 9:20 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Vapour Lock....again

The consensus opinion seems to be that the vapor lock issues are largely due to modern fuel formulation, at least in the U.S.  

For me, Installing a secondary (mine is primary) modern fuel pump has made vapor lock much less of a problem, but not a total solution. No Room for spacers, which cause the air cleaners to hit the bonnet.

I look forward to trying the half-cozies described by Sherwood Parker.

Norman T.

Norman Verona

Re: Carb Overheat Insulating Washers

Post by Norman Verona » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:52 am

Doug,

Can t be sure without measuring but I think I fitted the thicker heat blocks and, with the original filter (but with paper filter) there is no problem. I have seen TC s with pancake filters causing problems fouling the bonnet.

[b][u]Norman Verona aka "Email Norman"[/u][/b]

11 Cherry close, Royston, S71 4LZ

Mob: 0741 9905 741

Web: www.frenchblat.com

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]doug fromtheframeup.com doug@fromtheframeup.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 16 July 2019 19:26 [b]To:[/b] n.truck@yahoo.com; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Carb Overheat Insulating Washers

HI Norm,

The washers you mention are probably the later MG series thick washers @ .38 thick.  FTFU offers thinner washers specific for TABC, .20 thick so there is room under the bonnet.

Regards,

From The Frame Up

Mesa, AZ  85215

480-588-8185

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]n.truck@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, July 15, 2019 9:20 PM [b]To:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Vapour Lock....again

The consensus opinion seems to be that the vapor lock issues are largely due to modern fuel formulation, at least in the U.S.  

For me, Installing a secondary (mine is primary) modern fuel pump has made vapor lock much less of a problem, but not a total solution. No Room for spacers, which cause the air cleaners to hit the bonnet.

Norman T.

Nigel Wood

Post by Nigel Wood » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Attachments :Hi All.

Used H4 I carbs spaced at inch inc gaskets either side GJ needles for over 40 yrs with regular boil ups (leafy lanes!!) never a problem irrespective of type of exh manifold, regular pumps, Did consider a return flow on fuel system, but not been needed yet. ( now changed to LS1 needles) RLS a tad too rich. Does seem a bit better with 97 fuel

Best combination on blower driven at 1.3 to 1 with 100 thou jets seems to be RF, even trying RN and some of the K series needles the temp soars pretty quickly.

Hope that s helpful

Enjoy the sunshine ,pack the lotion and keep the revs up!!!

Rock on

Nigel

[img]cid:image003.jpg@01D53C1C.A2435450[/img]

Nigel R Wood

Mob. 07928 374120

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]norman verona norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 16 July 2019 19:47 [b]To:[/b] doug fromtheframeup.com doug@fromtheframeup.com>; n.truck@yahoo.com; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] RE: Carb Overheat Insulating Washers

Doug,

Can t be sure without measuring but I think I fitted the thicker heat blocks and, with the original filter (but with paper filter) there is no problem. I have seen TC s with pancake filters causing problems fouling the bonnet.

[b][u]Norman Verona aka "Email Norman"[/u][/b]

11 Cherry close, Royston, S71 4LZ

Mob: 0741 9905 741

Web: www.frenchblat.com

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]doug fromtheframeup.com doug@fromtheframeup.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 16 July 2019 19:26 [b]To:[/b] n.truck@yahoo.com; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [mg-tabc] Carb Overheat Insulating Washers

HI Norm,

Regards,

From The Frame Up

Mesa, AZ  85215

480-588-8185

Norman T.

arm@telus.net

Post by arm@telus.net » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi Doug, Do the carb spacers you have require longer studs, or will the originals still work? Ross [b]From: [/b]"doug fromtheframeup.com doug@fromtheframeup.com [mg-tabc]" mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> [b]To: [/b]"n truck" n.truck@yahoo.com>, "mg-tabc" mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]Sent: [/b]Tuesday, 16 July, 2019 11:25:45 [b]Subject: [/b][mg-tabc] Carb Overheat Insulating Washers  

HI Norm,

Regards,

Doug Pelton

From The Frame Up

Mesa, AZ  85215

480-588-8185

From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> On Behalf Of n.truck@yahoo.com [mg-tabc] Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 9:20 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Vapour Lock....again

Norman T.