MG TB Running Board Mounting

Peter Debruyn

MG TB Running Board Mounting

Post by Peter Debruyn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:57 am

Dear Group -
Question about mounting hardware, running board to tub for TB (and probably TA). Bolts, as on TC, or wood screws? Appreciate any information - thanks.
TCpeTe

graham GARRITY

Re: MG TB Running Board Mounting

Post by graham GARRITY » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi could I jump on the back of this question and ask if the TB had the 90 degree fold on the running board next to the body trapping in the seal ? I am restoring the sheet metal work on a TB and it only has a shallow crease next to the body, thanks graham  Sent from my iPhone
On 5 Jul 2019, at 19:57, Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Dear Group - Question about mounting hardware, running board to tub for TB (and probably TA). Bolts, as on TC, or wood screws? Appreciate any information - thanks. TCpeTe

jeffrey townsend

Post by jeffrey townsend » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi Peter and Graham, On my car TB0489 the running boards are fixed to the body with bolts which pass through the underside brackets (3 I think without checking)on the running boards and through the horizontal timber frame and metal subframe. Your subframe should already be drilled to suit. Not sure about bolt diameter - can check tomorrow if you want. As far as I am aware TC is the same.  The finishing trim is trapped in place by the above arrangement on my car.  I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information.  Regards  Jeff TA1957. TB0489. N Cambridgeshire UK Sent from my iPhone
On 5 Jul 2019, at 20:15, graham garrity ggarrity59@outlook.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  Hi could I jump on the back of this question and ask if the TB had the 90 degree fold on the running board next to the body trapping in the seal ? I am restoring the sheet metal work on a TB and it only has a shallow crease next to the body, thanks graham  Sent from my iPhone On 5 Jul 2019, at 19:57, Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Dear Group - Question about mounting hardware, running board to tub for TB (and probably TA). Bolts, as on TC, or wood screws? Appreciate any information - thanks. TCpeTe

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:00 pm

They are 1/4" BSF bolts, although 6mm would do as BSF is getting hard to find! Roger
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:00 PM jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] Hi Peter and Graham, On my car TB0489 the running boards are fixed to the body with bolts which pass through the underside brackets (3 I think without checking)on the running boards and through the horizontal timber frame and metal subframe. Your subframe should already be drilled to suit. Not sure about bolt diameter - can check tomorrow if you want. As far as I am aware TC is the same. The finishing trim is trapped in place by the above arrangement on my car. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information. Regards Jeff TA1957. TB0489. N Cambridgeshire UK Sent from my iPhone On 5 Jul 2019, at 20:15, graham garrity ggarrity59@outlook.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi could I jump on the back of this question and ask if the TB had the 90 degree fold on the running board next to the body trapping in the seal ? I am restoring the sheet metal work on a TB and it only has a shallow crease next to the body, thanks graham Sent from my iPhone On 5 Jul 2019, at 19:57, Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Group - Question about mounting hardware, running board to tub for TB (and probably TA). Bolts, as on TC, or wood screws? Appreciate any information - thanks. TCpeTe

Norman Verona

Post by Norman Verona » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:43 pm

For those in the UK, namrick stock BSF, I just bought a mixed bag for stock. https://www.namrick.co.uk/

[b][u]Norman Verona aka "Email Norman"[/u][/b]

11 Cherry close, Royston, S71 4LZ

Mob: 0741 9905 741

Web: www.frenchblat.com

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 05 July 2019 23:00 [b]To:[/b] jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk> [b]Cc:[/b] graham garrity ggarrity59@outlook.com>; Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com>; Mg-Tabcgroup mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] MG TB Running Board Mounting

They are 1/4" BSF bolts, although 6mm would do as BSF is getting hard to find!

Roger

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:00 PM jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk [mg-tabc] wrote:

Hi Peter and Graham,

On my car TB0489 the running boards are fixed to the body with bolts which pass through the underside brackets (3 I think without checking)on the running boards and through the horizontal timber frame and metal subframe. Your subframe should already be drilled to suit. Not sure about bolt diameter - can check tomorrow if you want. As far as I am aware TC is the same. 

The finishing trim is trapped in place by the above arrangement on my car. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information. 

Regards 

Jeff TA1957. TB0489. N Cambridgeshire UK

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Jul 2019, at 20:15, graham garrity ggarrity59@outlook.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi could I jump on the back of this question and ask if the TB had the 90 degree fold on the running board next to the body trapping in the seal ? I am restoring the sheet metal work on a TB and it only has a shallow crease next to the body, thanks graham 

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Jul 2019, at 19:57, Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Dear Group -

Question about mounting hardware, running board to tub for TB (and probably TA). Bolts, as on TC, or wood screws? Appreciate any information - thanks.

TCpeTe

Clive Sherriff

Post by Clive Sherriff » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Graham, Yes, It has a fold, though it is only about 3/8 inch CliveOxford, UK m mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 20:15, graham garrity ggarrity59@outlook.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [u][/u] Hi could I jump on the back of this question and ask if the TB had the 90 degree fold on the running board next to the body trapping in the seal ? I am restoring the sheet metal work on a TB and it only has a shallow crease next to the body, thanks graham Sent from my iPhone On 5 Jul 2019, at 19:57, Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Dear Group - Question about mounting hardware, running board to tub for TB (and probably TA). Bolts, as on TC, or wood screws? Appreciate any information - thanks. TCpeTe

Mike Inglehearn

Post by Mike Inglehearn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:32 pm

For those in France (& the UK) I have a large stock of BSFhttps://www.classicsinfrance.com/ RegardsMike

On Saturday, 6 July 2019, 00:44:04 CEST, norman verona norman@frenchblat.com [mg-tabc] mg-tabc-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  For those in the UK, namrick stock BSF, I just bought a mixed bag for stock. https://www.namrick.co.uk/

[b][u]Norman Verona aka "Email Norman"[/u][/b]

11 Cherry close, Royston, S71 4LZ

Mob: 0741 9905 741

Web: www.frenchblat.com

[b]From:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]On Behalf Of [/b]Roger Furneaux roger.46tc@gmail.com [mg-tabc] [b]Sent:[/b] 05 July 2019 23:00 [b]To:[/b] jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk> [b]Cc:[/b] graham garrity ggarrity59@outlook.com>; Peter deBruyn tcpeet@gmail.com>; Mg-Tabcgroup mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] MG TB Running Board Mounting

They are 1/4" BSF bolts, although 6mm would do as BSF is getting hard to find!

Roger

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:00 PM jeffrey townsend jeff.townsend@hotmail.co.uk [mg-tabc] wrote:

Hi Peter and Graham,

On my car TB0489 the running boards are fixed to the body with bolts which pass through the underside brackets (3 I think without checking)on the running boards and through the horizontal timber frame and metal subframe. Your subframe should already be drilled to suit. Not sure about bolt diameter - can check tomorrow if you want. As far as I am aware TC is the same. 

The finishing trim is trapped in place by the above arrangement on my car. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information. 

Regards 

Jeff TA1957. TB0489. N Cambridgeshire UK

Sent from my iPhone

Hi could I jump on the back of this question and ask if the TB had the 90 degree fold on the running board next to the body trapping in the seal ? I am restoring the sheet metal work on a TB and it only has a shallow crease next to the body, thanks graham 

Sent from my iPhone

Dear Group -

TCpeTe

Peter Debruyn

Post by Peter Debruyn » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:19 am

Many Thanks to all! Bolts it shall be ...