TD - Off subject

Chip Hellie

Re: TD - Off subject

Post by Chip Hellie » Wed May 29, 2002 4:51 pm

Charles, I learned years ago that there are a lot of "sissys" in this world. I hope they all decide to completely tear their cars apart needlessly, forget how to put them back, stuff them in the attic, and then I can come around 10 years later and give them 10cents on the dollar for their basket-cases. I prefere the easy way, and then enjoy the car THIS summer... Chip. --- Charles Hill candahill@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I don't see what all the fuss is about. Starting a > T in gear is no big > deal as long as the battery has enough power to turn > the starter. I've > done this with several cars with clutch linkage > problems with no lasting > effects. > > The question is to why is the clutch stuck. If the > clutch was working > properly before being stored for an extended period, > then it is more > than likely that one of the previously mentioned > techniques will free > the clutch. What has happened is that the organic > material in the > clutch disk have absorbed moisture and that moisture > has caused the > flywheel to rust on the surface. This rust is what > is bonding the > flywheel and the driven disk. Once it is popped > loose, everything > should be back to normal. May be a little grabby at > first, though. > BTDT! > > If it happens all of a sudden in a normally > operating car, thats a > different story. I had a clutch release finger snap > in my TC and jam > the clutch at a stop sign. That was a big deal. > I'm just thankful that > it only damaged the clutch and didn't hurt the > flywheel or bellhousing. > > Regards, > Charles Hillh > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

DenKlemm@aol.com

Post by DenKlemm@aol.com » Wed May 29, 2002 6:34 pm

I want to thank everybody for their suggests. It is really wonderful to be able to present a question to the group and get so many fine responses. I used a floor jack under the rear axle. Started the TD in second gear, ran the revs up to 2500 and pulled the handbrake. One pull and the clutch was free. The only disappointment was that there wasn't any big bang. Just a small noise and the engine rocked only a bit. Runs great: clutch feels fine. Thanks everybody for the great support. Cheers Dennis Klemm [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Gene Gillam

Post by Gene Gillam » Wed May 29, 2002 6:41 pm

dennis wrote:
>The only disappointment was that there wasn't any big bang. Just a
small noise and the engine rocked only a bit. Runs great: clutch feels fine.http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.363 / Virus Database: 201 - Release Date: 5/21/2002

Donald Wilkinson

Post by Donald Wilkinson » Wed May 29, 2002 7:56 pm

All's well that ends well. Don TC7993
>From: DenKlemm@aol.com >To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TD - Off subject >Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:34:23 EDT > > >I want to thank everybody for their suggests. It is really wonderful to be >able to present a question to the group and get so many fine responses. > >I used a floor jack under the rear axle. Started the TD in second gear, ran >the revs up to 2500 and pulled the handbrake. One pull and the clutch was >free. The only disappointment was that there wasn't any big bang. Just a >small noise and the engine rocked only a bit. Runs great: clutch feels >fine. > >Thanks everybody for the great support. > >Cheers >Dennis Klemm > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
_________________________________________________________________ Join the world s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com

Tombutlercpa@cs.com

Post by Tombutlercpa@cs.com » Wed May 29, 2002 10:19 pm

I believe you are referring to me as a sissy, I believe that makes you a rude, ignorant jerk. You no nothing about me. I have tried to be polite in my postings thus far and will endeavor (hope the word isn't to big for you) to do so in the future. Taking risks in pursuit of a hobby is fool hardy. I have responsibilities beyond the operation of a 50+ year old car. It is difficult to perform gainful employment when injured. Thank you for your insulting remarks. In future I can consider the source of any of your postings. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

DenKlemm@aol.com

Post by DenKlemm@aol.com » Thu May 30, 2002 5:42 am

I started this topic and I evaluated ALL of the responses and All of the risks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is up to the individual to determine just what risks to take in pursuit of a hobby. All life is a risk! This list is a wonderful thing, a great way to exchange information, suggestions, and opinions. Please refrain from sending these petty, rude and disgusting remarks. If you have a problem with me or a member of the group, take it up with that member, not the whole group. Thank You Dennis Klemm [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Donald Wilkinson

Post by Donald Wilkinson » Thu May 30, 2002 12:29 pm

WHOA!
>From: Tombutlercpa@cs.com >To: chiphelli@yahoo.com, candahill@worldnet.att.net, >mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TD - Off subject >Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 01:19:12 EDT > >I believe you are referring to me as a sissy, I believe that makes you a >rude, ignorant jerk. You no nothing about me. I have tried to be polite in >my >postings thus far and will endeavor (hope the word isn't to big for you) to >do so in the future. > >Taking risks in pursuit of a hobby is fool hardy. I have responsibilities >beyond the operation of a 50+ year old car. It is difficult to perform >gainful employment when injured. > >Thank you for your insulting remarks. In future I can consider the source >of >any of your postings. > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

Donald Wilkinson

Post by Donald Wilkinson » Thu May 30, 2002 12:52 pm

Exactly. Don TC 7993
>From: DenKlemm@aol.com >To: Tombutlercpa@cs.com >CC: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com >Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TD - Off subject >Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:41:43 EDT > >I started this topic and I evaluated ALL of the responses and All of the >risks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is up to the individual to >determine just what risks to take in pursuit of a hobby. All life is a >risk! > >This list is a wonderful thing, a great way to exchange information, >suggestions, and opinions. Please refrain from sending these petty, rude >and >disgusting remarks. If you have a problem with me or a member of the group, >take it up with that member, not the whole group. >Thank You >Dennis Klemm > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
_________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

murray arundell

Post by murray arundell » Thu May 30, 2002 3:52 pm

Err Chaps, From time to time one or several people on this list may say something which inadvertently (or perhaps on purpose) will cheese one or several of us off severely. Given that one's level of tolerance for such things varies from individual to another, i.e. what gets up my nose may not get up yours........ Would it not be prudent for those aggrieved to flame the offender in private? Why send such a message to the entire list? Just a thought......... Murray in Oz
----- Original Message ----- From: Tombutlercpa@cs.com> To: chiphelli@yahoo.com>; candahill@worldnet.att.net>; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 3:19 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TD - Off subject > I believe you are referring to me as a sissy, I believe that makes you a > rude, ignorant jerk. You no nothing about me. I have tried to be polite in my > postings thus far and will endeavor (hope the word isn't to big for you) to > do so in the future. > > Taking risks in pursuit of a hobby is fool hardy. I have responsibilities > beyond the operation of a 50+ year old car. It is difficult to perform > gainful employment when injured. > > Thank you for your insulting remarks. In future I can consider the source of > any of your postings. > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

Chip Hellie

Post by Chip Hellie » Thu May 30, 2002 7:50 pm

Dear Tom, and fellow list members, I am very sorry if I affended anyone with my remarks. My intention was to let Tom know that from vast experence, my method has always worked instantly for me and others, and I didn't want him to go thru a lot of needless work tearing his car down, when It probably wasn't necessary. I'm sorry I used the word Sissy, but my intent was for him not to be afraid and give it a try. One thing I do KNOW about Tom is that his spelling is as bad as mine! Murry in OZ sums it up well.. I didn't try to "cheese" anyone and again I apologise to anyone I offended. Chip Hellie --- Tombutlercpa@cs.com wrote:
> I believe you are referring to me as a sissy, I > believe that makes you a > rude, ignorant jerk. You no nothing about me. I have > tried to be polite in my > postings thus far and will endeavor (hope the word > isn't to big for you) to > do so in the future. > > Taking risks in pursuit of a hobby is fool hardy. I > have responsibilities > beyond the operation of a 50+ year old car. It is > difficult to perform > gainful employment when injured. > > Thank you for your insulting remarks. In future I > can consider the source of > any of your postings. > > >
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com