Re: TCs Forever

Roger Furneaux

Post by Roger Furneaux » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:51 am

I bought my first edition copy direct from Mike after reading the glowing review in TSO, in fact I phoned Mike but got the time difference wrong! He was quite civil about being woken up at 6am. and sent me #0978/1750 to match my chassis no. and write a nice dedication on the flyleaf. Original price was 60 Australian $$ or 27GBP at the time: since then the cover price has risen, but you get more AUS$ to the pound (dunno about US$$). After reading it cover to cover I was frustrated by the lack of an index, so compiled one manually while reading it all again (no chore, I can assure you) and sent it to Mike who circulated it in Oz at some big meeting (forget what the occasion was), also we put it in the copies the T-Register sold here in the UK. It was so nice of Mike and Loretta to call by in TC9451 during their European tour, and a pleasure to help them on their way after the condenser failed. Later, Walter did a index (should be essentially the same of course, with minor differences, such as where I grouped things under the major headings - e.g. Body, pp. 151-198) which can be found in the Tech files of the website. ocTagonally TCRoger TATerry taterry@pacbell.net>wrote
> Charles, Roger Furneaux did a good index to the book and Mike did some > errata sheets after the first edition came out and folks around the world > got a look at it. I can send you copies of both if you don't have them > but perhaps Walter should put these up on the web site for all to see. > I'm pretty sure that Mike is selling the books directly. You can write to > him at 100 Coode St. South Perth 6151, Western Oz or call him (08) 9367 > 6769. I'm no longer sue of the prefixes required and don't forget the > extreme time difference. Also, I'm pretty sure Skip Kelsey had one copy > of TC's Forever left when I was out there in early Dec. > Terry in Oakland > > Charles Hill candahill@worldnet.att.net> wrote: > TCs Forever and the factory owner's manual (the brown book) should be > required reading for every TC owner. Even those with a tool kit of a > credit card and polishing cloth. > > I didn't realize the price had gone up so much though. It was $75 when > I got mine but that was years ago with the first edition. I noticed > that the first edition was numbered 0251 -1750. What edition is he up > to now? Anything new worth upgrading for? Must admit that I have a few > minor quibbles about originality and some fairly important stuff is > skipped, but by far the best book of its kind I've ever seen.

Joe Gates

Post by Joe Gates » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:43 am

Now if only Mike S would publish an Adobe version of TC's Forever, its search facility would supercede anyone's index!! Joe Gates Mark wrote
> This is an answer from someone who used to make a living writing > indexes (hundreds of them): > > They are both good indexes in their way. Roger's is more concise and > organized; it's also useful for this kind of book, where you get used > to the categories. Walter's is more complete but less organized. (I > suppose someone might want to look up "Skinner's Union." Maybe.) > > Having both is great. > > I like having the index to a book in the book, not in a file somewhere, > not printed on pieces of loose paper that go skittering off into a pool > of oil on the floor. > > Mark > TC 3409 > > On Jan 3, 2006, at 7:30 AM, Gene wrote: > >> There's already an index for "TCs Forever" in the "Special Files" >> section of the T-ABC website (pdf and text versions). Is the index in >> the new "TCs Forever" better?

John van den Boorn

Post by John van den Boorn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:57 am

The MG Octagon Cluk in the UK has them in stock for a similar price...
>From: "paul camp" pauldcamp@btinternet.com> >To: "Bob Sleeper" bob.sleeper@verizon.net> >CC: "MG TABC" MG-TABC@YAHOOgroups.com> >Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] TCs Forever >Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 07:08:03 -0000 > >Bobs >Try John James at the MG Car club T Register in the UK Around 42 plus >postage? >Paul >TC3348 >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Bob Sleeper" bob.sleeper@verizon.net> >To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> >Cc: "Bob Sleeper" bob.sleeper@verizon.net> >Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 6:34 AM >Subject: [mg-tabc] TCs Forever > > > > Hi all! > > > > I've been looking all over the web for the book "TCs Forever" and I > > haven't found a single copy. I have found where there have been some > > and the price was $140 +. Anyway, do any of you know where I can get > > a copy and is that really the price. Thanks in advance for your time. > > > > BOBS > > 1948 XPAG 5899 > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

KEN PORTER

Post by KEN PORTER » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am

All, There is a copy of TCs Forever on E-Bay, item #170204455325. The starting price is $35, two days to go. No one has bid yet. Good price. Ken Porter Manchester NH TC4147

xpag1173

TCs Forever

Post by xpag1173 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Mike sent me book number 489 from first run to match my car chassis number (his idea). Guess it was only possible for those of us with early cars! Jeff Newey TC0489 Australia