Virus

KEN PORTER

Virus

Post by KEN PORTER » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:25 am

Roger: I think there are two ways to cure your problem. 1. Stop using Microsoft Outlook. It appears to me at least, that Outlook is more prone to viruses than most of the other e-mail programs. I use Netscape Navigator. 2: Get a good virus program and update it at least once a week. I use Norton with excellent results. The other leading programs, I'm sure, would be equally as good. The combination of Netscape Navigator and a good virus program should cure your virus problem. I've had only one virus in the past 15 years and that arrived on a floppy disk. Ken TC 4147

Sally Carroll

Virus

Post by Sally Carroll » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:52 am

Dear Group: I have installed Grisoft after recommendations from the group. Together with Brightmail povide by my Provider. . .I have not had any since installation. Brightmail intercepts and isolates and then advises that a mail is infected. NOW then AOL refused to send an old cartoon to some of my friends yesterday and it had passed the test by Grisoft. . . Go figure. Sally Carroll MG TC MG YB MG TF 1500 MGA 1600 MGBGT Morris Minor Pickup --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.489 / Virus Database: 288 - Release Date: 6/11/2003

Sally Carroll

Virus

Post by Sally Carroll » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:25 pm

Thanks for the warning.. . . My server uses something called Brightmail, which alerted me to this problem and deleted the item whilst informing me it had done so. And I have Grisoft in action which you guys recommended. _____________________________________________ Subject: Caution - Virus Alert! DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT that accompanies the message entitled "Re: Please reactivate your Yahoo! Groups account" (see below). The attachment is an exe.file that contains the BugBear virus (see http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... r.b@mm.htm l). Most of you probably have virus protection software that automatically protects your system, but there may be a few people on our list who have not upgraded their software for awhile and who might inadvertently open the contaminated attachment. Apologies for taking everyone's time on this. I hope you all know I'm just trying to help. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.507 / Virus Database: 304 - Release Date: 8/10/2003

yd3@nvc.net

Virus

Post by yd3@nvc.net » Sun May 23, 2004 5:02 pm

Someone on one of these lists has a virus. I received a message spoofed from Clive Sherriff addressed to me with a virus. The message had a heading "RE: Information." The actual infected computer thus has both Clive's and mine email address in the address book or on stored messages. Since Clive and I only have the MGT lists in common it's most likely somone on those lists. Blake

Bob Butson

Re: Virus

Post by Bob Butson » Mon May 24, 2004 3:20 pm

I get similar sounding emails, my Grisoft AVsoftware does not permit access......Bob

Robert F. Butson.

Virus

Post by Robert F. Butson. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Received today, could be a hoax but beware.....Bob Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report' If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.' Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:14 pm

It's a hoax. These things are sent out daily by people who find amusement in seeing an email they sent out showing up again in their inbox with thousands of forwards. It's kind of like the old chain letter gag. This particular one seems to be a play on an older virus hoax called "Life is beautiful", and names the same ficticious author "life owner". The advise is sound of course... never open an attechment unless you know where it came from and it's been through a virus scan. - Steve Simmons - TC8975, LA, CA - http://www.mgnuts.com
----- Original Message ----- From: Robert F. Butson. To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:05 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] Virus Received today, could be a hoax but beware.....Bob Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report' If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.' Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

murray arundell

Post by murray arundell » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh I love my Mac !! :) Murray Arundell
On 26/02/2009, at 10:05 AM, Robert F. Butson. wrote: > Received today, could be a hoax but beware.....Bob > Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, > AOL and so on. > > This information arrived this morning, > Direct from both Microsoft and Norton > > Please send it to everybody you know who has > access to the Internet. > > You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server > Report' > > If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: > 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.' > > Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, > And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your > name, e-mail and password. > > This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. > AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's > are not capable of destroying it. > > The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself > 'life owner'. > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Macs aren't immune to viruses or hackers! I've seen two Mac systems go down in the past week. They aren't targeted nearly as much as Microsoft-based systems because their marketshare is tiny compared to MS, but that's changing quickly. Just a word to the wise! ;) - Steve Simmons - TC8975, LA, CA - http://www.mgnuts.com
----- Original Message ----- From: Murray Arundell To: Robert F. Butson. Cc: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:32 PM Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Virus Oh I love my Mac !! :) Murray Arundell On 26/02/2009, at 10:05 AM, Robert F. Butson. wrote: > Received today, could be a hoax but beware.....Bob > Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, > AOL and so on. > > This information arrived this morning, > Direct from both Microsoft and Norton > > Please send it to everybody you know who has > access to the Internet. > > You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server > Report' > > If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: > 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.' > > Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, > And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your > name, e-mail and password. > > This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. > AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's > are not capable of destroying it. > > The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself > 'life owner'. > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

david thoumine

Virus

Post by david thoumine » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Dear All On the subject of virus's this was sent to me the other day it may be of interest to the group! Regards Dave T Down Under TC 7732 Subject: FW: Huge virus on its way please read Huge virus on its way please read Hi All, Rob Hugall has checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus! I checked Snopes , and it is for real!! Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP. PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS! You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it. If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a Friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept. COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US --------------------------------------------------------------------------------