Re: TCs Forever

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:23 am

I bought mine a few months ago for $85 USD plus shipping from Pitstop Bookshop. The price is now down to $80. The shipping was high, but to my door the price was still less than just the purchase price anywhere else, around $115 total. http://www.pitstop.net.au/pitstop/prog/OpenDocument.cgi?id=V0X7S13PUM&PLU=2456 - Steve S, TC8975, LA, CA -
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Sleeper" bob.sleeper@verizon.net> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Cc: "Bob Sleeper" bob.sleeper@verizon.net> Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:34 PM Subject: [mg-tabc] TCs Forever > Hi all! > > I've been looking all over the web for the book "TCs Forever" and I > haven't found a single copy. I have found where there have been some > and the price was $140 +. Anyway, do any of you know where I can get > a copy and is that really the price. Thanks in advance for your time. > > BOBS > 1948 XPAG 5899

fnitz

Post by fnitz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:40 pm

Moss lists it for $158.50. Fred TC1353 -----Original Message----- From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Sleeper Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:35 PM To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com Cc: Bob Sleeper Subject: [mg-tabc] TCs Forever Hi all! I've been looking all over the web for the book "TCs Forever" and I haven't found a single copy. I have found where there have been some and the price was $140 +. Anyway, do any of you know where I can get a copy and is that really the price. Thanks in advance for your time. BOBS 1948 XPAG 5899 Yahoo! Groups Links

Donald Wilkinson

Post by Donald Wilkinson » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:22 pm

TC's Forever! - $127.95 - BritBooks- http://store.yahoo.com/britbooks/tcsforever.html Contact us: Erik & Gina Knudson 444 Old Southside Drive Oneonta, NY 13820 (800) 732-3646 Email: britbooks@britbooks.com Don TC 7993

Charles Hill

Post by Charles Hill » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:47 pm

TCs Forever and the factory owner's manual (the brown book) should be required reading for every TC owner. Even those with a tool kit of a credit card and polishing cloth. I didn't realize the price had gone up so much though. It was $75 when I got mine but that was years ago with the first edition. I noticed that the first edition was numbered 0251 -1750. What edition is he up to now? Anything new worth upgrading for? Must admit that I have a few minor quibbles about originality and some fairly important stuff is skipped, but by far the best book of its kind I've ever seen. Regards, Charles Hill

ROSS TAYLOR

Post by ROSS TAYLOR » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:36 am

G,DAY With regards to TC"Forever IN 1991 at the OZ national meeting Mike told me of his intention to publish "TC'S Forever. I then gave him a deposit of $20 .00 being the first person to purchase the book . My book is numbered 0291 Regards Roscoe
>G'day Bob, > >Well, there you are.... seems the 'Word As Writ' now commands a premium >over the original copy's price. "You pay's your money --Or you pay's >your chances" >FWIW... so many answers to so many banal and plain bloody stupid and >repetitive questions on this list could so easily have been >self-answered by reference to either their own chassis... or the >reference to the book itself. Jeezus!!! >Mate... don't count the cost--- BUY the bloody book- whatever the cost - >and read it from cover to cover. Breathe the book. It's worth at least >40 years experiences! > >A somewhat cranky >Reddo > > >-----Original Message----- >From: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf >Of Bob Sleeper >Sent: Monday, 2 January 2006 5:35 PM >To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com >Cc: Bob Sleeper >Subject: [mg-tabc] TCs Forever > >Hi all! > >I've been looking all over the web for the book "TCs Forever" and I >haven't found a single copy. I have found where there have been some >and the price was $140 +. Anyway, do any of you know where I can get >a copy and is that really the price. Thanks in advance for your time. > >BOBS >1948 XPAG 5899 > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > >

Mark Hineline

Post by Mark Hineline » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:17 am

Compared to a Haynes manual, TCs Forever seems very expensive. But that's not the right comparison. Instead, compare the book to, say, a repopped headlight shell. Suddenly, $150 seems pretty inexpensive. By the economics of publishing, TCs Forever is reasonably priced at around $150 and a bargain at anything less than that. Mark TC 3409

Terry Sanders

Post by Terry Sanders » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:00 am

Charles, Roger Furneaux did a good index to the book and Mike did some errata sheets after the first edition came out and folks around the world got a look at it. I can send you copies of both if you don't have them but perhaps Walter should put these up on the web site for all to see. I'm pretty sure that Mike is selling the books directly. You can write to him at 100 Coode St. South Perth 6151, Western Oz or call him (08) 9367 6769. I'm no longer sue of the prefixes required and don't forget the extreme time difference. Also, I'm pretty sure Skip Kelsey had one copy of TC's Forever left when I was out there in early Dec. Terry in Oakland Charles Hill candahill@worldnet.att.net> wrote: TCs Forever and the factory owner's manual (the brown book) should be required reading for every TC owner. Even those with a tool kit of a credit card and polishing cloth. I didn't realize the price had gone up so much though. It was $75 when I got mine but that was years ago with the first edition. I noticed that the first edition was numbered 0251 -1750. What edition is he up to now? Anything new worth upgrading for? Must admit that I have a few minor quibbles about originality and some fairly important stuff is skipped, but by far the best book of its kind I've ever seen. Regards, Charles Hill Yahoo! Groups Links [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Mark Hineline

Post by Mark Hineline » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:06 am

Terry and list, Roger Furneaux's index is included in current printings of TC's Forever, with acknowledgment. It's worth buying a new one for the index alone. Mark
On Jan 3, 2006, at 5:59 AM, Terry Sanders wrote: > Roger Furneaux did a good index to the book and Mike did some errata > sheets after the first edition came out and folks around the world got > a look at it.

Gene

Post by Gene » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:31 am

Mark wrote:
> Roger Furneaux's index is included in current printings of TC's
Forever, with acknowledgment. It's worth buying a new one for the index alone.

Mark Hineline

Post by Mark Hineline » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:49 am

This is an answer from someone who used to make a living writing indexes (hundreds of them): They are both good indexes in their way. Roger's is more concise and organized; it's also useful for this kind of book, where you get used to the categories. Walter's is more complete but less organized. (I suppose someone might want to look up "Skinner's Union." Maybe.) Having both is great. I like having the index to a book in the book, not in a file somewhere, not printed on pieces of loose paper that go skittering off into a pool of oil on the floor. Mark TC 3409
On Jan 3, 2006, at 7:30 AM, Gene wrote: > There's already an index for "TCs Forever" in the "Special Files" > section of the T-ABC website (pdf and text versions). Is the index in > the new "TCs Forever" better?