Headlight shell

John G. Bulcken IV

Re: Headlight shell

Post by John G. Bulcken IV » Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:36 pm

Actually it was a typo Doug...should have read famous...Mike Sherrell called it (dress) familiar in TCs Forever. Sorry for the confusion...hope the lamp info. was of use. Too quick on the draw tonight...too many pints I guess. Cheers, John TB#0398
OK, I give up. Why is the dress "now infamous"? Doug Pulver TC 5850

LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com

Fwd: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell

Post by LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com » Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:58 pm

Pint of Speckled Hen caused this Faux Pas- Thom C

John G. Bulcken IV

Post by John G. Bulcken IV » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:06 pm

Guilty as charged but it is home brew not SH. She was a beautiful woman ...both the ladies in the TB were, and I guess I am now infamous for the false step. CHEERS, Johnny
----- Original Message ----- From: LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com> To: mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 9:58 PM Subject: Fwd: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell > Pint of Speckled Hen caused this Faux Pas- Thom C > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >

LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com

Post by LuckyFloridaLin@aol.com » Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:16 pm

All would be forgiven if t'were Speckled Hen. Pennance will be a quart, not a pint of SH- in order that you may "Mind Your P's and Q's". Tally Ho! Thom C

wargs

Post by wargs » Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:22 pm

Lee, The number is stamped on the steel thingy secured by five (copper) rivets with the fixing bolt protruding. David Lodge diecuts@aol.com wrote:
>140 is stamped on the bottom of my shells , which are steel instead of brass >I think. Would that be possible? > >Cheers, Lee Jacobsen, TA2969 Tickford > > > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >

wargs

Post by wargs » Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:31 pm

I agree. Quite attractive. But who polished her header tank? David Lodge. John G. Bulcken IV wrote:
Doug, Because among the pedantic purists who spend too much time looking at factory photos because they are still trying to get their cars back on the road...Sue Tuck shows up in this very 1930s dress in many MG pics. of many models of cars every time we open a book. She was the factory photograper's wife ( George Tuck ), a very attractive young woman who drove many MGs in that dress. Kind regards, John TB#0398 ----- Original Message ----- [b] From:[/b]DougPulver@aol.com [b] To:[/b]cbrenner01@snet.net ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b] Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 26, 2002 8:37 PM [b] Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell In a message dated 3/26/2002 11:34:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, cbrenner01@snet.net writes: The best shot of this is in MG by McComb on page 147...TB reg.# CJB 59 with Sue Tuck driving with a friend and wearing her now infamous striped dress.
OK, I give up. Why is the dress "now infamous"? Doug Pulver TC 5850 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

John G. Bulcken IV

Post by John G. Bulcken IV » Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:15 pm

Let us hope it was her husband George as I am sure it was...after all he took the pictures to prove it all. JGBIV
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] wargs@mac.com [b]To:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net [b]Cc:[/b] DougPulver@aol.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, March 27, 2002 12:30 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell I agree. Quite attractive. But who polished her header tank? David Lodge. John G. Bulcken IV wrote: Doug, Because among the pedantic purists who spend too much time looking at factory photos because they are still trying to get their cars back on the road...Sue Tuck shows up in this very 1930s dress in many MG pics. of many models of cars every time we open a book. She was the factory photograper's wife ( George Tuck ), a very attractive young woman who drove many MGs in that dress. Kind regards, John TB#0398 ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b]DougPulver@aol.com [b]To:[/b]cbrenner01@snet.net ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 26, 2002 8:37 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell In a message dated 3/26/2002 11:34:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, cbrenner01@snet.net writes: The best shot of this is in MG by McComb on page 147...TB reg.# CJB 59 with Sue Tuck driving with a friend and wearing her now infamous striped dress.
OK, I give up. Why is the dress "now infamous"? Doug Pulver TC 5850 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

Dave & Diana Dwyer

Post by Dave & Diana Dwyer » Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:39 pm

Bob
The rim retaining screws seem to come in several different versions, judging from various headlamps I've picked up at swapmeets.
The thread is 2BA, they're all captive screws (ie have an unthreaded portion close to the head so that once screwed through the threaded tab on the rim, they'll stay there) and the head form varies quite a bit from one to another. I think they're all knurled and some are slotted.
As to buying, I have no idea - I found a useable pair on some old lights.
I could draw some if that would help.
I belive that as you said, prewar cars had screws and postwar cars were fitted with clip retainers for the rims.
Regards
Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC

Jeff & Merryl Redman

Post by Jeff & Merryl Redman » Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:16 am

G'day John. Actually I think you'll find that George Tuck was more than merely 'The Factory Photographer". He was in fact Publicity Manager for MG. He is credited (among many other accomplishments) with coining the phrase 'Safety Fast' but that's another story. Regards Jeff
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net [b]To:[/b] DougPulver@aol.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, March 27, 2002 12:48 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell Doug, Because among the pedantic purists who spend too much time looking at factory photos because they are still trying to get their cars back on the road...Sue Tuck shows up in this very 1930s dress in many MG pics. of many models of cars every time we open a book. She was the factory photograper's wife ( George Tuck ), a very attractive young woman who drove many MGs in that dress. Kind regards, John TB#0398 ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] DougPulver@aol.com [b]To:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 26, 2002 8:37 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell In a message dated 3/26/2002 11:34:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, cbrenner01@snet.net writes: The best shot of this is in MG by McComb on page 147...TB reg.# CJB 59 with Sue Tuck driving with a friend and wearing her now infamous striped dress.
[i][/color][/i] OK, I give up. Why is the dress "now infamous"? Doug Pulver TC 5850 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

John G. Bulcken IV

Post by John G. Bulcken IV » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:12 am

Thanks JR...did know that but should have included...trying to be uncharacteristically brief. JGBIV
----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] redcigar@ozemail.com.au [b]To:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net [b]Cc:[/b] mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, March 27, 2002 5:15 AM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell G'day John. Actually I think you'll find that George Tuck was more than merely 'The Factory Photographer". He was in fact Publicity Manager for MG. He is credited (among many other accomplishments) with coining the phrase 'Safety Fast' but that's another story. Regards Jeff ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net [b]To:[/b] DougPulver@aol.com ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, March 27, 2002 12:48 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell Doug, Because among the pedantic purists who spend too much time looking at factory photos because they are still trying to get their cars back on the road...Sue Tuck shows up in this very 1930s dress in many MG pics. of many models of cars every time we open a book. She was the factory photograper's wife ( George Tuck ), a very attractive young woman who drove many MGs in that dress. Kind regards, John TB#0398 ----- Original Message ----- [b]From:[/b] DougPulver@aol.com [b]To:[/b] cbrenner01@snet.net ; mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, March 26, 2002 8:37 PM [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [mg-tabc] Headlight shell In a message dated 3/26/2002 11:34:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, cbrenner01@snet.net writes: The best shot of this is in MG by McComb on page 147...TB reg.# CJB 59 with Sue Tuck driving with a friend and wearing her now infamous striped dress.
[i][/color][/i] OK, I give up. Why is the dress "now infamous"? Doug Pulver TC 5850 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.