changing the oil

DSN_KLR650
Michael Hoyt

moab

Post by Michael Hoyt » Thu Apr 27, 2000 6:00 pm

I've ridden Porcupine Rim on my bike a couple of times. Does anyone do that on a KLR? M

Peter Dahlheimer, MD

moab

Post by Peter Dahlheimer, MD » Sat Apr 29, 2000 6:50 am

i am off work for the days surrounding moab, and boy i'd sure like to go. problem is, i just can't ride the klr all the way from new jersey. i know it's a long shot, but well worth the question at least. i've asked before, but again it's worth asking again. anyone by chance have extra truck/trailer room? i could ride out some distance and meet up with someone. i just can't see myself riding all the way out there and back. it took a week each way on an old gold wing last year to reach arizona, but the klr would about kill me (especially in it's current dirtified state). anyone?? _pete

Tim Bernard

moab

Post by Tim Bernard » Thu Jun 01, 2000 6:12 pm

Checking out for Moab. See you there. Happy Trails Tim

Jose Luis Vazquez Gaytan

moab

Post by Jose Luis Vazquez Gaytan » Sun Jun 04, 2000 1:58 pm

Hi Everybody,
after a week riding  the ST, I'm back, I am not able to ride to Moab, there will be at least one representative from this side of the border named Juan Carlos Ibarra, great guy,He is already on his way, please share a drink ( even plain water) with him, have lots of fun, and maybe next year ....I will demand the pics of Moab from Juan when he'll be  back from his long ride to Alaska right after Moab.
Unless someone load some pics in a website for all the non-going envious klr owners like me.

regards.

J Luis Vazquez Gaytan Puerto Vallarta, Mexico KLR 650 + ST1100 = GREAT FUN

punkynsquirt@cs.com

moab

Post by punkynsquirt@cs.com » Tue Jan 02, 2001 6:29 pm

Hi Steve: Kurt gave me this. www.moab-utah.com/canyonlands/rv.html. See you there. Punky & Lew Waterman Punky & Lew's Americas Motopaseo Greenacres, Florida

dokkema1

moab

Post by dokkema1 » Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:57 pm

does anyone know if you can ride a atv on the whiterim trail in canyonland national park?is this legal or is it only street licensed vehicals thanks

dokkema1

moab

Post by dokkema1 » Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:47 am

can anyone recomend a place to camp with a RV in the national forest or park in Moab Utah or BLM land looking for a nice place to ride out of thanks

West Hovland

moab

Post by West Hovland » Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:16 pm

Just got back from my 3000 mile journey to Moab. It was great to make this wonderful journey and meet a bunch of nice folks. The weather was unbearably hot (to this Northwesterner) in Moab but the scenery is incomparable. Want to thank Gino, Fred and the whole host of others that helped with this event. Kudo's to the sponsors like Arrowhead Motorsports ( a flurry of activity on Friday), Big Cee, Wolfman, Dual Star, Happy Trails, Aerostich, Progressive and others. Things went well and I had lots of fun. Scott showed me the ropes and shared his camp space in the shade... thanks a bunch buddy. Stu kept us laughing, my sinus' still hurt from shooting beer through them. Chris amazed me with his ability to eat hot things with the temperature hovering somewhere around 440 degrees in the shade. I like hot things myself, but without knowing how good the medical system was in Moab, I left the peppers on the table. Steve showed an amazing talent for riding the rocks ( as did the other folks I rode with). John amused us with his quick wit and the comment after negotiating a terrible talus siding..."You guys just call that a gravel road!" John is from New Orleans... I don't think they have 11,000' Mtn passes to climb there. John's friend from Denver "Dorian??" made me think very deeply with questions about our kinship with a motorcycle that has 15 year old technology, terrible quirks and doesn't seem to do anything really well. This coming from a Harley rider? What other bike could I ride across half this country, then take that same bike up La Sal pass the hard way. It did help me to understand better the Harley mystic.. sometimes love makes no sense. Toby humbled me with the horsepower of his borrowed Beemer. Jake is a wealth of information, Ken has a great sense of humor and Bogdan is.. well, Bogdan... great fun. Some of you I met without really exchanging names and others I didn't have a chance to meet at all... my loss. This is one for the memory books and will live on forever... Thanks, West [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Lawrence

moab

Post by Lawrence » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:38 pm

Hi, All OBTW, while I am in the posting mode. We drove through Moab last Saturday (with 5th wheel, not KLR). I had been warned by a guy a couple of hundred miles away (Bryce) that it was Jeep Week, but thought they would have cleared out the day before Easter. As we approached from the south, there was a solid stream of Jeeps going the other way...some driving, some on trailers. So, I thought it must have ended on Good Friday. I was thinking happy thoughts. As we got closer, and saw every bare place filled with trailers, tents, and Jeeps, I began to appreciate how wrong I was. To make a long story short, they were piled three high all over Moab, and lined all the streets with their little flags identifying their covey. I had no idea there were that many Jeeps in the world. Countless would be my definition. We eventually escaped, but it took a while. I had to get fuel, and was delighted by the fact that Jeeps do not, by and large, use diesel. Otherwise, I think I would still be there. So, a word to the wise: if you plan to go to Moab, avoid Jeep week. (Unless, of course, you are a Jeep person.) Regards, Larry

Horton Oliphant

moab

Post by Horton Oliphant » Thu May 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Bummer! I'd rather be in Moab than stapling up vapor barrier in the room I'm remodeling! Al A13 Ia