strange throttle response

DSN_KLR650
eddie mauri

the times they are a' changing....

Post by eddie mauri » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:51 am

Obviously this group has been a bit slow lately, some have commented that things are shifting over to Facebook. So, why not move this group to Facebook? Personally, I could give a poop about Facebook, but that seems to be the direction things are going? Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

slash5er

Post by slash5er » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:45 pm

Well, I didn't see much in the way of a response to this. FB maybe scares folks. Who  REALLY needs it? I have a hard time keeping track of KLR forums and the many FB groups dedicated to KLRs. I guess the best thing is to find a home you are comfortable with and that has some participants who know what they're talking about. 
I'd be curious what forums or FB group people have found the most helpful. 

Greg McKinney

strange throttle response

Post by Greg McKinney » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:49 am

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Did you take the top off the carb for any reason? Possible leaking slide.

GregM

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]Sent:[/b] Friday, November 02, 2018 11:40 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] Strange throttle response

I did Eagle Mike's big bore kit and had the head cleaned up and new valves. On starting the bike, it seems to run quite well but does not seem to speed up or slow down when I turn the air screw in our out. If I blip the throttle, the linkage goes back where it's supposed to but the RPMs stay high and then decrease very slowly. I'm sure when I took the carb off and on, I screwed something up. I know I turned the air screw, so started it up at 1 1/2 turns from fully seated  position. The carb worked fine before I started all of this.   Any ideas?  Thanks.

Brian Legg

Post by Brian Legg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:39 pm

I recently came across the KLR Technical group on Facebook. I believe it's ran by Norm Keller and I really enjoy reading his (and other peoples) posts:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464257083868181/