cage question.... verynklr

DSN_KLR650
eddie mauri

question re used car purchase nklr

Post by eddie mauri » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:38 pm

I wonder if some of you could give me your advice concerning a used car purchase......I'm considering a 2017 Mazda Miata RF. MY question is, "if I wait to buy until January 2019, will the price drop significantly? At present the 2017 is a one year old model, in 2019 it'll be 2 years old. Will that make much difference in the price of the used car." Also the 2019 models are out. Anyone have input on this? Thanks, EddieMTexas, Republic of Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Martin Earl

Post by Martin Earl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Actually, your 2017 car will be two years old in Sept/Oct of 2018...unless they don't release until Jan. I would look at the NADA values for one year to the next to see the % amount of depreciation; build a Matrix for 5 years and it will give you a good idea about the price drop/year.When I looked at KLR's for the first time, I noticed the depreciation i.e. was ~400/450 a year for the first 5-6 years then it slowed down to ~200/year around year 7 or 8.I would imagine it would be very similar for the others/Miata...except for Triumph 800 Tiger/xc. Every time they add new bells and whistles, the 'old' model prices plummet. yet I digress--(I think I have the dates right...) The 800 first (2011) had no adjustable suspension. 2015 had throttle by wire, 2017 had cruise control and adjustable suspension. All created a flurry of got-2-have/want-want new buyers (again), the new bells and whistles caused the values/previous models to plunge. I loved my 800 Triumph, but I think Triumphs marketing plan will hurt them in the long run...they deliberately withheld the improved suspension. spit. With tactics like that, why would you buy from them again.Progressive shock has done the same thing; they will not support their Gen 1 KLR Progressive shock; why would I buy their product again, I told them that at the Sturgis Rally.They could hardly wait for me to move-along. m. [img]https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=https%3A%2F%2Fipmcdn.avast.com%2Fimages%2Ficons%2Ficon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif&t=1571810761&sig=f32u_aZ4IkcWz0fF.6lowg--~E[/img] Virus-free. www.avast.com
On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM, eddie mauri eddiebmauri@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: I wonder if some of you could give me your advice concerning a used car purchase......I'm considering a 2017 Mazda Miata RF. MY question is, "if I wait to buy until January 2019, will the price drop significantly? At present the 2017 is a one year old model, in 2019 it'll be 2 years old. Will that make much difference in the price of the used car." Also the 2019 models are out. Anyone have input on this? Thanks, EddieMTexas, Republic of Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

eddiebmauri

cage question.... verynklr

Post by eddiebmauri » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:06 pm

I have a question concerning car pricing and purchasing strategy. I am in the market for a used 2017 Mazda Miata RF, and am ready to buy. The 2019 models are starting to come out now. So my question is, will the price of the 2017 drop much come 2019? In other words, will I save a significant amount of money by waiting another 4 months? Obviously, at present the 2017's are a year old, come January they will technically be 2 years old. Does anyone know if that makes much of a difference in pricing? Eddie M. Dallas (yuck) TX (was in San Antonio, job transfered me to Dallas.... Dallas kinda sucks)

vegaheim

Post by vegaheim » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:05 pm

the car dealerships have to pay interest and taxes so try to purchase the car toward the end of Dec they have to clear lot by that time, or eat that loss.

Martin Earl

Post by Martin Earl » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am

I agree with Vegaheim; Dec is a good month to buy a car...after the 25th is even better.Dec 2014, I made a purchase between Christmas and New Years at a nice discount, by what ever means you measure. = NADA, initial sticker, etc.I gave them an out the door price I would pay which was a killer deal for me, and they accepted. prolly very close to the previous owner trade in.They even relinquished their 'title transfer/handling fees' which paying those was non-negotiable for me. GLWPm1. [img]https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=https%3A%2F%2Fipmcdn.avast.com%2Fimages%2Ficons%2Ficon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif&t=1571810761&sig=f32u_aZ4IkcWz0fF.6lowg--~E[/img] Virus-free. www.avast.com
On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:30 PM, vegaheim@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: the car dealerships have to pay interest and taxes so try to purchase the car toward the end of Dec they have to clear lot by that time, or eat that loss.

eddiebmauri

Post by eddiebmauri » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:45 am

I have to admit it's been awhile since I've been car shopping. I went to a dealership and they have a Mazda Miata RF at a really good price. When I try to bargain with them, they said that was their 'internet price', and it is a fixed price.  They would not negotiate.  So I politely walked.  Later I read on the internet that they offer a low price to get you through the door then they try to sell you, financing, extended warranty, gap insurance, and so on, I figured I'd keep looking,  today they called me and want to know if I'm still interested?  I told him I get back to them.  I'll let him sweat a day or two and then call back and see if I can get them to drop their "non-negotiable price."  Also they told me that this car was at a dealership in Oklahoma, then it was brought to Texas. I think they're having trouble selling it. More to follow...........

vegaheim

Post by vegaheim » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:25 am

by all means if they wrote a stock number on the flier, just look for it in the lot. you find it there you can buy it.
remember you can always walk away and when you come back ask them "not even a dog have pissed on those tires, right?" when you standing by the car.  that put them on the spot right away. You got the power not them.

eddiebmauri

Post by eddiebmauri » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:02 am

Later today I'm going to go pick up my new Mazda Miata RF, well, when I say new, I mean new to me. Actually what I am buying is a 2018 with less than 3000 miles. It is the Grand Touring model which has every imaginable option. It was advertised at 8K below NADA Book value........ there's got to be a catch, and there is......the car had been wrecked. However, the airbags did not deploy and it is not a salvage title. The dealership was pretty cool in that they let me take it to a mechanic to have it inspected, and then to a frame shop to make sure that the frame is not bent, it all checked out. Basically I bought a car that would retail for about 33k for 25k. Obviously we have to factor in that it had been in an accident. I keep asking myself why? I have a pickup and a KLR in the garage. What am I going to do with the third vehicle? When will I ever drive it? Basically, it's literally going to be a weekend car that is not driven in the rain.

Jim Wilson

Post by Jim Wilson » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:35 am

may not be insurable , they will run the numbers . better have insurance check it out before
On 9/22/2018 5:02 AM, eddiebmauri@... [DSN_KLR650] wrote: > Later today I'm going to go pick up my new Mazda Miata RF, well, when I say new, I mean new to me. Actually what I am buying is a 2018 with less than 3000 miles. It is the Grand Touring model which has every imaginable option. It was advertised at 8K below NADA Book value........ there's got to be a catch, and there is......the car had been wrecked. However, the airbags did not deploy and it is not a salvage title. The dealership was pretty cool in that they let me take it to a mechanic to have it inspected, and then to a frame shop to make sure that the frame is not bent, it all checked out. Basically I bought a car that would retail for about 33k for 25k. Obviously we have to factor in that it had been in an accident. I keep asking myself why? I have a pickup and a KLR in the garage. What am I going to do with the third vehicle? When will I ever drive it? Basically, it's literally going to be a weekend car that is not driven in the rain. > > ------------------------------------ > Posted by: eddiebmauri@... > ------------------------------------ > > List Sponsors - Dual Sport News: http://www.dualsportnews.com > Arrowhead Motorsports: http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok: http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Members Map https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212558560286766214899.0004d0fa9f1732283bb6f&msa=0&ll=38.522384,-109.489746&spn=6.831383,9.624023 > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > > >

eddie mauri

Post by eddie mauri » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 am

I appreciate your comments concerning whether the car can be insured, I made sure that the insurance company and lender were aware and both are okay with it. Where they drew the red line was whether it was a salvage title which it is not. Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android