a pleasant surprise & a question...

DSN_KLR650
Eddie

a pleasant surprise & a question...

Post by Eddie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 am

A regular lead acid battery will discharge at approximately 4% per week of disuse. A sealed AGM battery discharges around 3% per [i]month. [/i]So, assuming there s no drain on the battery and it was stored fully charged and in a moderate environment (not too hot or cold), it s actually not surprising it cranked your KLR. Another month and it may have lost enough to struggle or fail to start, however. Now, about those float bowls(plural) on your single carburetor LOL -other eddie

[b]From: [/b]DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent: [/b]Monday, September 10, 2018 7:38 AM [b]To: [/b]DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject: [/b][DSN_KLR650] A Pleasant Surprise & a Question...

Because of work I was in a situation where I could not ride my KLR for 3 months. I put it in the garage on the center stand, drained the carb bowls, and added Seafoam. The whole time I thought the battery would be dead when I try to crank it up. This week I opened the pit cock, turned the switch, hit the starter, and bada-a-boom, it started right up!!! Honestly, I was shocked. I did not have a battery tender (mine broke.) Question: So how long can a battery sit (on average) before it completely drains? Also this is a relatively new sealed battery.