redoing the starter circuit

DSN_KLR650
landsail

redoing the starter circuit

Post by landsail » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:49 am

All of my 7 bikes have 1 fl oz of Seafoam per gal if fuel and the correct battery tender ( lead acid or lithium iron phosphate model). Starting infrequently is not an issue. I use the same percentage of Seafoam in my two RVs. I always have a spray can of starting fluid as RV generators take many seconds of electric prime pumping to get fuel to their remote locations. Seafoam burns cleanly and works well with today s unleaded gas that degraded in a month or two.

eddiebmauri

a pleasant surprise & a question...

Post by eddiebmauri » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:36 am

Because of work I was in a situation where I could not ride my KLR for 3 months. I put it in the garage on the center stand, drained the carb bowls, and added Seafoam. The whole time I thought the battery would be dead when I try to crank it up. This week I opened the pit cock, turned the switch, hit the starter, and bada-a-boom, it started right up!!! Honestly, I was shocked. I did not have a battery tender (mine broke.) Question: So how long can a battery sit (on average) before it completely drains? Also this is a relatively new sealed battery.