hard to start - non klr

DSN_KLR650
Jeff Earle

(no subject)

Post by Jeff Earle » Wed May 03, 2000 6:47 pm

Ed (biker down guy!), I've been the 'run down by cagers' route before, hang in there! I just purchased my fourth HJC helmet. This one a LT-12 model, listed for $229.00 but the Kaw shop had it on sale for $189.00. My last three were FG-9 models and I have been very pleased with all. My first full coverage was a Shoei, nice but a little pricey. The HJC's were all of very high quality and all the safety certifications. You can never spend too much for the right protection! As for bike values you can check http://www.edmunds.com/ & try http://www2.nadaguides.com/. Jeff A7

Jeff Earle

(no subject)

Post by Jeff Earle » Thu May 04, 2000 4:42 pm

I used expanding foam insulation in my stock bars a couple years ago. Seems to have helped some. Jeff A7

Tobin Lampson

(no subject)

Post by Tobin Lampson » Sat May 06, 2000 8:15 am

unsubscribe

Jeff Earle

(no subject)

Post by Jeff Earle » Wed May 17, 2000 7:08 pm

Steve/Amy Don't forget to leave room for the bike! Jeff A7

Bogdan Swider

(no subject)

Post by Bogdan Swider » Fri May 19, 2000 2:55 pm

Eric Roads wrote me asking me to take over his rally registration. It's against my policy but I sent him $45; he forwarded your post to him. I assume I'm registered under my name?? Bogdan

Ron Steere

(no subject)

Post by Ron Steere » Fri May 19, 2000 3:31 pm

I purchased my A14 aprx. 2 months ago and am very pleased with it.
The few things that I did not like look like can be fixed with a few mods that I have seen discussed in the KLR group.
1.  14 tooth sprocket, so as to have a lower first gear.
2.  airbox and jet mod, fixing any loss in top end and better performance.

Some things that I have not seen discussed.
3.  Hand numbing vibration in handles, esp. throttle hand.  Purchased and installed some anti-vibration mounts for mirrors and plan on buying end weights for bars.  (will this help?)
4.  Lowering kit for improved handling.
5.  Engine guard to go with lowering kit - if I decide I do not like lowering kit then still need guard.
6.  Center stand.  Maybe.  I was tooling around in a old overgrown gravel pit with a buddy on a F650.  He led the way down a steep leaf covered trail going downhill, I stopped to see if he could make it back up, but it did not look like it.  So I started down so we could find another way back.  He made another attempt, so I stopped while leaning downhill.  He failed again and started to roll back-came to a sudden stop.  His center stand had deployed preventing him from moving down and he had no traction to go up.  I about fell off my bike laughing while he went through major antics trying to dig it out. I was unable to assist him because I would have had to lay my bike down on the trail where I was at - aprx. 25 feet above him with his bike blocking the trail below me. He finally succeeded, however this makes me wonder, would I have the same problem?
7.  Is there some way to put return springs on the foot pegs?

Misc. 
8. Use BMW or diesel oil.
9.  Use blue thread lock on all threads.  Is this true for plastic bolts/nuts and exhaust bolts?  I have lost two windshield bolts so far, but not the nuts.  Replaced with stainless steel bolt with enough thread sticking through the nut that I could see if it started to loosen.

I have been in the group for about two weeks now, so some of the above may have been thoroughly discussed before.  Any pro's and con's for the above appreciated.  (I could not resist #8, no advice necessary, now know more about oil than I ever wanted to know.)  I have about 1800 miles on my bike so far, rear tire starting to show replaceable wear.  I am mostly new to bikes, have not had one since 19 years old and it was a CT90.

Ron S. A14

Carl Shropshire

(no subject)

Post by Carl Shropshire » Sun May 21, 2000 12:55 pm

unsubscribe ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

Smi5o@aol.com

(no subject)

Post by Smi5o@aol.com » Sun May 21, 2000 9:25 pm

unsubscribe

Arne Larsen

(no subject)

Post by Arne Larsen » Mon May 22, 2000 8:23 am

--- In DSN_klr650@egroups.com, Smi5o@a... wrote:
> unsubscribe
Go to the bottom of the message and click on "unsubscribe". A

Ron Steere

(no subject)

Post by Ron Steere » Mon May 22, 2000 11:42 pm

I have a question that has been bugging me.  I noticed that Dualstar has a great deal on take off body parts.  My question is, do they have replacements parts that are not gbg that they are putting back on the bikes that are being stripped?  Does anyone know?
Ron A14