klr storage...... need suggestions

DSN_KLR650
Greg McKinney

klr storage...... need suggestions

Post by Greg McKinney » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Rev,

Never had any problems doing the same thing until my local gas station changed from pure gas to 90/10.

Ended up tearing the carb apart and cleaning it out.  Thought it might be a fluke, so tried it the next year.  Same thing.

Now I make sure the last couple tanks a year are straight gas, not the ethanol mix.  Without the mix, no more problems.

GregM

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:37 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] Re: KLR Storage...... Need Suggestions

Hate to sound casual ..but I simply park the bike in the fall...(in an unheated garage...in Calgary..temp can drop into the -30 range) Charge the battery once or twice through out the winter... Then come spring...or there about....Check the tyre pressure..., oil etc and then start her up and go ride..   Been doing this for many years 1997 KLR with just over 100,000 km and never had an issue...dumb luck ? Don't know but the old girl keeps on puttering along...   Good, safe riding for all!   Martin