face book post/tributes to ron criswell

DSN_KLR650
Martin Earl

face book post/tributes to ron criswell

Post by Martin Earl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm

[i]Hi,[/i] [i]This is Dana Romero (Connie s sister). I hope it s not to late to get this in the service. Connie said you can read it for me. Thank you!![/i] I know everyone that knew Ron would agree that he lived life to its fullest .You could see it in his art and the way he captured so many beautiful things and places around the world in his photos. He was so sweet to me recently by saying Dana you did a pretty dang good job on a photo I sent him!! You could hear how much he loved life, his family and friends in the stories he so loved to tell. I will never forget his laugh after telling these stories, no matter how often he told them! We are all going to miss him dearly, but I know he is seeing things more beautiful than even HE imagined. I will see you again someday my friend and we will set down together so you can tell me more stories and I can hear that beautiful laugh again. Love, Dana [b]gg.mcnulty03@...[/b][b] dtd 28 Dec 2017[/b]

It is a known fact that most clients feel their hairstylist is a true friend and trusted confidant. Roughly quoting author John Steinbeck, circa 1960, [u]Travels with Charley[/u].

Still TRUE to this day... Safe in the chair Ronnie and Connie would sit every four weeks for more than a decade. We would share our stories, solve world problems, laugh, cry and laugh more. I visited many countries and lived vicariously through them. I learned more about history from Ronnie than I ever did in school. He was far more interesting than any teacher! All this while cutting his curly locks, (which in all honesty, every man, woman and child would envy!) haha Ronnie had many talents. One of my favorites was his beautiful Christmas card he created every year. He was an artist in every meaning of the word. Not only did he capture picturesque scenery, but transformed real life , garnered from his world travels in his art. Loved his quotes that he added. I ll miss those cards. I ll miss the mischievous stories good, bad, and funny! I ll miss my friend, a truly good person. As a true confidant I leave you with this note- He loved and adored his soulmate Connie. He loved his family, friends and furry babies. Rest In Peace Ronnie, Ciao [b]Mick Laird[/b][b] [i][u]to[/u][/i] [/b][b]Ron Criswell[/b]

December 9, 2017 at 3:37pm

Ron and I have been friends for over 40 years and I'm going to miss him. I had an advertising (gig) in Dallas and Ron did some amazing illustrations for me. I then moved to Albuquerque, NM and he used to come by on his motorcycle. Rest in Peace Ron. Gone but definitely not forgotten.

[b]Rose Anderson McGinty[/b] shared Damon Criswell's post.

Face Book December 10, 2017 at 10:44am

Lost a dear friend, Ron Criswell to cancer about a week ago. He was a fellow FB "warrior" - incredibly smart and up on current events, even while very ill. He was a very talented artist and commercial illustrator, photographer and world traveler. I did not know his son, a musician, also had such talent.

[b]Rose Anderson McGinty[/b][b] [i][u]to[/u][/i] [/b][b]Ron Criswell[/b]

Face Book December 10, 2017 at 11:30am

For Ron's family, and for all of us.

2 Cor 4:16-18.... "Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, 18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

I believe our talents down here are only expanded in heaven. I think Ron will have an amazing art studio after some expansive tours and fond hellos above. Christmas blessings to you in this season of tears and joy.

[b]David Harper[/b][b] [i][u]to[/u][/i] [/b][b]Ron Criswell[/b][b] [/b]

[b]Face Book [/b]December 6, 2017

Ron and I worked as colleagues and friends for probably close to 30 years and did many projects together when he was a commercial illustrator. Like good illustrators, Ron had exceptional talent which transitioned into the most amazing "fine art" work. I always wanted to purchase one of the larger paintings but they never fit my budget. So, one year, Ron's and Connie's Christmas card arrived and on the cover was this wonderful Christmas tree in that amazing style. It immediately was framed and has resided on our bookshelf every since. So, here's my Ron Criswell original.{photo available on Ron Criswell Facebook page] :)

As we both got a bit older, we met often at art museums in Dallas and Fort Worth to see exhibits and have lunch together. Those were great times, and I will always treasure his friendship. To Connie, Damon, and all the family -- I have no frame of reference to understand what you are feeling today, but love you all and will be praying for you in a hard season.

END various tributes.

revmaaatin.