klr's in hawaii - nklr

DSN_KLR650
chris kelly

klr's in hawaii - nklr

Post by chris kelly » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:26 pm

I live on the Big Island of Hawaii.  We have snow capped mountains, deserts, rain forests, huge cattle ranches on rolling grassy hills. Its always cold up on our 13,000 ft high mountains. Its almost always warm in our coastal areas. In between it's moderate temps. I lived LA area and Ventura for years, it's a little colder here in some places    

Martin Earl

nklr, ron criswell tributes

Post by Martin Earl » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

List,Saturday was the memorial service for our friend, Ron Criswell. I will post the service tributes one at a time so you might have a sense of Ron's life and the people he loved. The first tribute is written and given by his brother, Tony Criswell. 13 Jan 2018

Grapevine, TX

My Brother Ron,

I don t know where to start.

Ron was always in my life, even when we were apart. He and Connie and Damon would take us camping and boating and show us, out of the way places, whether it was canoeing the Brazos River, camping at Canyon Lake or Dancing at Greene Hall.

I could tell many funny stories of growing up with Ron but I will leave those for later.

I had the honor and privilege of being Best Man at Ron and Connie s wedding and hanging out with the Ellington Clan [Connie s family] to celebrate. They certainly knew how to throw a party and we were all so happy for them. They did everything together and were devoted to each other and their son, Damon.

Ron knew what he wanted to be as a kid: an artist. We both drew a lot as kids but I lost interest, not Ron though. He also thoroughly enjoyed traveling the world, Motor Cycles and riding the waves on his Hobie Cat. Anything he took an interest in he did well; that was what I admired in him. That and his Courage--he was always testing his limits.

If we rode motorcycles, he rode faster; if we sailed the Hobie Cat, he would turn the thing on its side to get more speed on the water.

Ron enjoyed life to the max and wanted his friends to do the same.

I miss his jokes and his wicked humor. Typical of Ron is this recollection-- Last year when he was sick I asked him there was anything I could do for him Yeah, he said, go see my favorite bartender at Twin Peaks and have a drink for me.

Now there is a hole in my heart, knowing I won t be able to call him or seek his advice.

I know he is out of pain now, laughing with Jesus and maybe having a glass or two of wine with him.

He probably borrows a Motorcycle from God to tear around Heaven while hollering for us to join in the Heavenly Realm to see the sights.

Till I see you again Brother, enjoy the sights until we get there and share the joys together.

God Speed my brother and much, much love,

Bud

Tony Criswell

Buddy Eckles

Post by Buddy Eckles » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 pm

List, Saturday was the memorial service for our friend, Ron Criswell. I will post the service tributes one at a time so you might have a sense of Ron's life and the people he loved.  The first tribute is written and given by his brother, Tony Criswell. 13 Jan 2018

Grapevine, TX

My Brother Ron,

Ron was always in my life, even when we were apart. He and Connie and Damon would take us camping and boating and show us, out of the way places, whether it was canoeing the Brazos River, camping at Canyon Lake or Dancing at Greene Hall.

I could tell many funny stories of growing up with Ron but I will leave those for later.

I had the honor and privilege of being Best Man at Ron and Connie s wedding and hanging out with the Ellington Clan [Connie s family] to celebrate. They certainly knew how to throw a party and we were all so happy for them. They did everything together and were devoted to each other and their son, Damon.

Ron knew what he wanted to be as a kid: an artist. We both drew a lot as kids but I lost interest, not Ron though.  He also thoroughly enjoyed traveling the world, Motor Cycles and riding the waves on his Hobie Cat. Anything he took an interest in he did well; that was what I admired in him. That and his Courage--he was always testing his limits.

If we rode motorcycles, he rode faster; if we sailed the Hobie Cat, he would turn the thing on its side to get more speed on the water. 

I miss his jokes and his wicked humor.  Typical of Ron is this recollection-- Last year when he was sick  I asked him there was anything I could do for him Yeah, he said, go see my favorite bartender at Twin Peaks and have a drink for me.

Now there is a hole in my heart, knowing I won t be able to call him or seek his advice.

I know he is out of pain now, laughing with Jesus and maybe having a glass or two of wine with him.

He probably borrows a Motorcycle from God to tear around Heaven while hollering for us to join in the Heavenly Realm to see the sights.

Till I see you again Brother, enjoy the sights until we get there and share the joys together.

Bud

Tony Criswell

Fred Hink

Post by Fred Hink » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 am

Martin,   I m glad you were able to make this trip and are back home again.   Thanks for all you do. Fred http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com   [b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com">Martin Earl mjearl4@... [DSN_KLR650] [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:17 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com">DSN KLR650 [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] NKLR, Ron Criswell tributes     List, Saturday was the memorial service for our friend, Ron Criswell.   I will post the service tributes one at a time so you might have a sense of Ron's life and the people he loved.  The first tribute is written and given by his brother, Tony Criswell.   13 Jan 2018 Grapevine, TX

My Brother Ron,

Ron knew what he wanted to be as a kid: an artist. We both drew a lot as kids but I lost interest, not Ron though.  He also thoroughly enjoyed traveling the world, Motor Cycles and riding the waves on his Hobie Cat. Anything he took an interest in he did well; that was what I admired in him. That and his Courage--he was always testing his limits.

If we rode motorcycles, he rode faster; if we sailed the Hobie Cat, he would turn the thing on its side to get more speed on the water. 

I miss his jokes and his wicked humor.  Typical of Ron is this recollection-- Last year when he was sick  I asked him there was anything I could do for him Yeah, he said, go see my favorite bartender at Twin Peaks and have a drink for me.

Bud

Tony Criswell