given up motorcycles

DSN_KLR650
Mike Frey

given up motorcycles

Post by Mike Frey » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Good luck, Norm... but you never know if the bug might bite at some future point.

I've been riding for just a couple years less than that - at least 45 years - my earliest vivid memory of a fun ride is 1972, when I got my first real motorcycle, a Suzuki AS50.

But I'm not ready to give it up yet.

I realized that, as we approach the end of 2017, the only bike I put any miles on was my KLR in California (I live in PA). And that was just a one day ride. ...I have no good excuse for not riding!

Luckily, each of my bikes had been prepared for a long period of not riding. I'll be starting 2018 in CA, so I expect to have some happy ride reports soon.

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, December 05, 2017 10:12 PM [b]To:[/b] No Reply [b]Cc:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] Re: Given up motorcycles

After 51 years with a motorcycle licence and bike wrenching, I've stepped away, sold all the KLR parts. The last project bike is boxed up and going to the daughter of a friend.

My highly modified Gen1 will be up for sale in the spring, or whenever someone comes along. 

Best to everyone and thanks for so many positive interactions.

Norm

jack

3d scan/print panels

Post by jack » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:12 pm

I have a Tengai and have noted that spares for this are becoming rare. I was wondering if anyone else has had the idea of 3d printing some panels to use (keep the originals safe)? Now that 500 x 500 x 500mm printers are becoming affordable it might be nice to have a go. Has anyone tried to get 3d scans of the parts? Jack KLR650 Tengai