rekluse clutch klr youtube video nklr

DSN_KLR650
Walter L

rekluse clutch klr youtube video nklr

Post by Walter L » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 am

• Neat! But not $649 neat. I but whole bikes for that much...
  • Mark

but whole

Walt A14

Eddie

winter storage suggestion from a customer, not an employee. =)

Post by Eddie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Ethanol: The scourge of the small engine universe! Trying to get gas to last much more than a month in storage is just about impossible these days. Jets and stuff get clogged in a hurry with bad gas goo and ethanol-induced corrosion. I live in Georgia where I luckily can ride year round and can avoid bike storage issues like clogged carbs and such. That said, I do volunteer work in a local state park as a hiking trail maintainer, cutting fallen trees across the trail with a chainsaw. There s nothing like hiking miles and miles to a location and have the saw not start. When I bought my new Stihl MS290 several years ago, I started using 50:1 pre-mixed fuel made by TruFuel. It s EX-pensive! How much? $6-$8 a quart if you buy it in that size. A large tin is slightly cheaper per oz., but not much. But, as little and infrequently I was using the saw, it s been worth the cost not having to suffer bad fuel AND the saw starts right up every single time. That got me to wondering how it d do in my low-buck Briggs&Stratton powered push mower. They sell a 4 stroke use version with the same longevity promise as the pre-mix: Shelf life unopened = 5 years. Opened? 2 years. Yea, hard to believe. Wellllll, I put a quart of the stuff in my mower last fall, cut the yard, topped the tank off and parked it for a few months. Come springtime, I pressed the primer bulb a few times, gave the cord a pull and it lit off on the very first try and does so 100% of the time. This is after sitting under a tarp outside! Now for the Paul Harvey rest of the story . If it s worth $20 to KLRistas out there, get the big can of the TruFuel in the grey can (no mix oil). Run your bike completely out of gas. Pour in the Tru Fuel and crank it back up and let it run a few minutes. Shut it off and you re done. The fuel has stabilizers, is 92 octane unleaded, has no ethanol and ought to work at preventing stored engine syndrome. If you re old enough to remember what gas used to smell like, it will bring back nose hair curling memories, too! LOL -eddie

PS: Note: Briggs & Stratton sells a 4 stroke fuel made by VP Racing Fuels with virtually the same properties as the TruFuel brand.

Dale Schedler

winter storage suggestion from a customer, not an employee. =)

Post by Dale Schedler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:55 pm

I use an app on my phone called "pure gas" - locates the nearest gas station that sells Ethanol free gas. Several within 3-4 miles of house (surprising that most Quick Trips sell ethanol-free gas). Works like a champ for me but my brother who lives outside of Austin has to ride 40 miles to the nearest station that does. I traded the KLR in a couple of months ago for a different dual-sport that requires 91 octane - preferably w/no ethanol so this was easiest way to do so.