do you need another project? (s.e. pa area)

DSN_KLR650
eddie mauri

guy at the klr dealership......

Post by eddie mauri » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:49 pm

I went to a local Kawasaki dealership, and the salesman was kind of funny; he was livid that in the new KLR model Kawasaki did not switch to fuel injection, they still have a carburetor. The whole time I was thinking, "gee, it's feels like you're trying to talk yourself out of a sale", but, he has a point. I wonder how many sales of  KLR's Kawasaki is losing by not switching to fuel injection. Why would they not upgrade to fuel injection? Maybe next year...... Eddie 03 KLR, "la Poderosa" Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

bghntr

Post by bghntr » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Do you rather trouble shoot and try to fix a complicated fuel-injection system, or a simple carburetor in the middle of the desert? Enjoy and cherish the simplicity of the KLR while it's still available. The days of the carburetor are numbered do to the tightening air pollution standards. If a FI system is a must for you, there are companies out there who can help you out...

eddie mauri

Post by eddie mauri » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Methinks you missed my point, in part, I found it a tad humorous how the salesman tried to talk me out of buying a KLR due to the carb vs fuel injection.  If I were broke down in the desert, I'd get on the sat phone and call for a rescue, and a pizza..... Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 9:14 PM, bghntr@... [DSN_KLR650]DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Do you rather trouble shoot and try to fix a complicated fuel-injection system, or a simple carburetor in the middle of the desert? Enjoy and cherish the simplicity of the KLR while it's still available. The days of the carburetor are numbered do to the tightening air pollution standards. If a FI system is a must for you, there are companies out there who can help you out...

zeemanscience

do you need another project? (s.e. pa area)

Post by zeemanscience » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 am

I need to 'downsize' (Wife has reminded me).. so if you are looking for a 'project' or lots and lots of KLR 650 parts to reassemble or resell to others... and have a pick up truck or can get to suburban Philly.. a long tale of sorrow to follow... I bought a junker KLR, can't recall the year, pre-96? but had ugly white plastics, and no title with the intent of building a bike for my wife... Bought a frame with title, and was going to swap out the old one.. , replace the ugly plastics with less ugly green ones... but wife thought my KLR was too tall, and was not interested.. Years passed.. Parts collected in the garage.. dust, rust... etc.  She would now like to move, so my entire project bike, mostly disassembled, plus a set of green plastics, a green California tank, many boxes of spare 'parts' from ebay, a bottom end plus the motor from the parts bike, the plastic tank from the parts bike, a new in crushed cardboard box progressive rear spring, and lots of other parts are available to haul away. :) Looking to clear the entire 'collection' in one load for the right price. Yes, I know that the individual parts are worth 'lots', and if you have the time and space to dismantle and sell them off, please do so and make it worth your while. As I bought all of this stuff, I do know what it is worth, so if you are interested, make a fair and reasonable offer.. if you want to see it first, or want 'lots of pictures' I can do that too.. but ultimately, I would like the parts to go to a person who will use them.. or sell them to those who will. (I have other projects.. no surprise...) If you are interested in the parts, message me through this list, and I will give you contact info..or answer questions.. It is 4:30 A.M. and not sure this message makes sense, but sure I need to clear out these parts .. in one shot preferably. If you are trying to figure out distances, google Erdenheim, PA ... Thank you, and thanks for the great messages and help over all the years I have been lurking here... Jerry P.S. Please don't ask about specific bits you may need, as I am looking to do this painlessly in one shot, and am not at the point of pulling off the brake pedal you may need for the weekend ride... at least not yet..  Thank you...

cy4815

Post by cy4815 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

Sat phone and KLR seem mutually exclusive.