none 215059

DSN_KLR650
Jeff Khoury

gas

Post by Jeff Khoury » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 pm

//you can get a pork pie at just about any C-store.// That doesn't even SOUND good. -Jeff Khoury

ron criswell

gas

Post by ron criswell » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Growing up in Texas, it was regularly 18.9 cents in summer, it got down to 12.9 cents once in a gas war. I could fill up my motor scooter with pocket change. I love big oil. You could buy a brand new 1965 Mustang convertible with 289 V-8 then for $2500. Boo Hoo, those days are over. Criswell Sent from my iPad
On Apr 2, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Lourd Baltimore wrote: > About $8.57 per us gallon over here (Lincolnshire, UK). And fuel duty is set to rise again shortly. Hooray. > > Josh > . > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

ron criswell

gas

Post by ron criswell » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:22 pm

They haven't built a new refinery in what...about 40 years. Too much hassle from the EPA from what I heard. Houston, south Texas, southern Louisiana has a bunch of refineries. It is what makes Houston's air yellow. Smells like money (heh). Interestingly, if new pipelines are built to Houston, that still doesn't mean in this free market that the USA will get that gas. It is sold to the highest bidder (I think). I have heard that some Alaskan North Slope oil goes to Japan. I have also read, our buddy Hugo Chavez sends the Venezuelan heavy crude here to the US to be refined and sold under the Citgo name (which I don't buy). Heavy crude like Venezuela and also Iran produces is harder to refine so neither country refines their own as I understand it. It is a complex and inter-related world we live in. We do not drill in the Florida Straits off places like Key West because......Florida doesn't want a drilling disaster like happened with the BP rig malfunction. Guess who is going to drill in those straights for that oil according to what I have read? Cuba and China as partners. Offshore rigs are like trees in the Gulf around Louisiana and Texas. I knew a guy who sailed his boat from Florida to Texas and didn't sleep for 3 days as he was constantly dodging rigs. We in Texas look at oil wells as a nice tree (some of us). We like wind power also. A brother-in-law is getting rich off wind turbines built on his land around Amarillo. Criswell Sent from my iPad
On Apr 2, 2012, at 1:13 PM, "revmaaatin" wrote: > > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, mark ward wrote: > > > > Between $387 & 4.07 in West mi. (3 blocks differance) > > > > Spring break is here, as with all "holidays" People travel, gas JUMPS, Get gouged. > > > > Rant switch -on > Select--turbo boost > > There is a general response that prices are a result of supply and demand. shrug. > > Tell me when was the last time you saw a gas station that could not get fuel. It is available, as much as you want (words from two friends who buy wholesale and sell retail). If fuel were not available, you would see gas stations that were closed and long lines at stations where there is fuel for sale. > > If there is so much demand and so little fuel being available, why don't we see gas stations without fuel for sale? Like 1973. Long lines, limited fuel available. > > Some of the supply/demand rhetoric is just smoke being blown up our skirt. > > We have so much gas available we did not need to build the Keystone pipeline from Canada to Houston refiners, a project killed by presidential edict, nor will our government allow (through over regulation) us to build refineries near the oil supply = ND oil fields. Either of which would create real jobs with a myriad of intended consequences that follow. > Now, they are laying track in ND to move crude by rail car to refiners as an alternative to building a pipeline. Of course, there has never been a serious railroad derailment.... > > Another classic case of cranial anal reversal. > > I love my nanny state, cough, republic. > > revmaaatin. > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Lourd Baltimore

gas

Post by Lourd Baltimore » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 am

Mmmmm....pork pie....droool....... To be honest, British cuisine has made some strides toward to good this century. And the real, ubiquitous limey culinary delight is.......CURRY! Josh . ________________________________ From: revmaaatin To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012, 19:20 Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Re: gas ... But in merry ol England, you can get a culinary delight not easily available here for the Yanks; you can get a pork pie at just about any C-store. gag. remvaaaatin. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Buddy Seifert

gas

Post by Buddy Seifert » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am

yeah, tank cars owned by barryo's bff warren buffet...........what is that smell???? Sent from my iPad
On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:13, "revmaaatin" wrote: > > > --- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, mark ward wrote: >> >> Between $387 & 4.07 in West mi. (3 blocks differance) >> >> Spring break is here, as with all "holidays" People travel, gas JUMPS, Get gouged. >> > > Rant switch -on > Select--turbo boost > > There is a general response that prices are a result of supply and demand. shrug. > > Tell me when was the last time you saw a gas station that could not get fuel. It is available, as much as you want (words from two friends who buy wholesale and sell retail). If fuel were not available, you would see gas stations that were closed and long lines at stations where there is fuel for sale. > > If there is so much demand and so little fuel being available, why don't we see gas stations without fuel for sale? Like 1973. Long lines, limited fuel available. > > Some of the supply/demand rhetoric is just smoke being blown up our skirt. > > We have so much gas available we did not need to build the Keystone pipeline from Canada to Houston refiners, a project killed by presidential edict, nor will our government allow (through over regulation) us to build refineries near the oil supply = ND oil fields. Either of which would create real jobs with a myriad of intended consequences that follow. > Now, they are laying track in ND to move crude by rail car to refiners as an alternative to building a pipeline. Of course, there has never been a serious railroad derailment.... > > Another classic case of cranial anal reversal. > > I love my nanny state, cough, republic. > > revmaaatin. > > > > ------------------------------------ > > List Sponsors - Dual Sport News: http://www.dualsportnews.com > Arrowhead Motorsports: http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com > List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok: http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html > Member Map: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSN_KLR650/app/peoplemap/view/map > Group Apps: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSN_KLR650/grouplets/subscriptionsYahoo! Groups Links > > >

David Nichols

gas

Post by David Nichols » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:00 am

We still pay less than average here in Texas. Today you can find gas for $3.82 a gallon. It is sad we are talking about $3.80 gas being a good thing... ________________________________ From: Ron Criswell To: Lourd Baltimore Cc: "DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 2:59 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Re: gas Growing up in Texas, it was regularly 18.9 cents in summer, it got down to 12.9 cents once in a gas war. I could fill up my motor scooter with pocket change. I love big oil. You could buy a brand new 1965 Mustang convertible with 289 V-8 then for $2500. Boo Hoo, those days are over. Criswell Sent from my iPad
On Apr 2, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Lourd Baltimore wrote: > About $8.57 per us gallon over here (Lincolnshire, UK). And fuel duty is set to rise again shortly. Hooray. > > Josh > . > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Shane

gas

Post by Shane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Funny thing that when I fill a KTM in Peru I pay +$13.USD/gal, 98 Octane at any station. I have never heard anyone complain about the price of fuel in all of Peru...a third whirrld nation. The maid in our house is paid the required $230/ month. That's the govt. mandated minimum wage, the vast majority of the population is at, and well below that number. Go figure.
--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, David Nichols wrote: > > We still pay less than average here in Texas. Today you can find gas for $3.82 a gallon. > It is sad we are talking about $3.80 gas being a good thing... > > > ________________________________ > From: Ron Criswell > To: Lourd Baltimore > Cc: "DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 2:59 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Re: gas > > > > Growing up in Texas, it was regularly 18.9 cents in summer, it got down to 12.9 cents once in a gas war. I could fill up my motor scooter with pocket change. I love big oil. > > You could buy a brand new 1965 Mustang convertible with 289 V-8 then for $2500. Boo Hoo, those days are over. > > Criswell > > Sent from my iPad > > On Apr 2, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Lourd Baltimore wrote: > > > About $8.57 per us gallon over here (Lincolnshire, UK). And fuel duty is set to rise again shortly. Hooray. > > > > Josh > > . > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] >

Monty

gas

Post by Monty » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 am

Always highest octane I can get. 
Monty

Mike Frey

gas

Post by Mike Frey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:20 pm

I buy gas based on:

1) Price.

2) Price

3) Price

...which means that I am not willing to pay $.20 to $.40 per gallon more for high octane because the KLR does not need it.

I had a couple of gallons in a can that sat around for more than a year and dumped it into the KLR, thinking "this thing will run on anything" but that was a mistake. Knocking and pinging, I quickly filled it with high octane, which took care of the noise but after that, went back to 87 octane on the next fill up.

I'll sometimes go out of my way to find gas with no ethanol in it, but it always costs considerably more here in PA. The trade off is that I get about 10% better gas mileage and the carb stays cleaner.

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:47 AM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650] Re: Gas

Always highest octane I can get. 

Monty

[img]https://ec.yimg.com/ec?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.avast.com%2Femails%2Favast-mail-stamp.png&t=1571810640&sig=6SxFvEFUDueLINJdFU2EjQ--~E[/img] This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. www.avast.com

Yahoo

none 215059

Post by Yahoo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:08 am

If you're ever in Central Oklahoma be sure to drop by Seaba Station on old Route 66 near Chandler, OK. The old brick gas station, built in 1921, is now a motorcycle museum with quite a collection of old motorcycles. Some pre 1910 If I Remember correctly. Old Indians, Harley's, even a 1970's?  Triumph that never made it out of the crate. http://www.seabastation.com/ Admission was donations last time I went. Paul Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 29, 2017, at 9:31 PM, johnbiccum@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
  The  commercial fishing industry lauds your use of *seafood*  as a fuel additive.  Finding a market for heretofore unmarketable by-catch might prove to be the  savior of the industry, that makes you a Saint!

(Isn't spelling autocorrect grand?)

Mandatory Motorbike Content:

Went to the Motorcycle Museum in St Francis, KS today. Well worth the modest donation requested at the door.

from my phone, please excuse typos

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 7:30 PM -0700, "landsail@... [DSN_KLR650]" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   I use 91 Premium fuel in all of my seven bikes incl my 2007 KLR 650.  Reason is that regular rots faster, but in the winter I also use Seafood as an additive.  Some of my bikes respond to premium, but no real mileage gain.  In No. Nevada we get crappy ethanol in our fuel from Oct 1 to Jan 31 in the two most populated counties.  Other areas in the country may have no ethanol or year-round ethanol mixed in for air quality rules.I can report that Race Gas from Summit Racing does make a different in bike engines, but at $1.00 per fluid oz to raise the octane several points is used only for "special occasions".  This area lost it's VR Fuel Station that carried 100 octane for  Hot August Night performance cars, but at $8.00+ per gal it was again a "special occasion" fuel of choice.   Maybe I need more special occasions???  Wish our 23 ft of snow in the Sierras during January melts off this spring for riding.