none 215053

DSN_KLR650
GMac

none 215053

Post by GMac » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Eddie,

I the mid-grade it in my Gen1 during the summer. In the heat at low rpms, mine will ping if I don t.

Otherwise I can t tell the difference.

Make sure you put the Jamison in the right tank, yours. J

Greg McKinney SOAR Simons Organization for Animal Rights www.soardoggyrescue.org

[u]tnspanielrescue@...[/u][u][/u]

[b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com] [b]Sent:[/b] Monday, January 23, 2017 5:56 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] [DSN_KLR650]

Okay, this is not an oil or chain lube thread, it is a gasoline thread........ for the last two weeks here in San Antonio, it's either been too cold or raining so I have not been riding. Today the weather is perfect, and I went out for a ride.

I added Seafoam to my empty gas tank, and then when I went to fill the bike, I inadvertently filled it with Chevron Techtron Supreme gasoline (93 octane) - I normally use Chevron Techtron regular gas (87 octane). Maybe it's the Seafoam, or the Supreme gas, but the bike really does seem to run better on Supreme. 

I'm wondering what grade of fuel most of y'all use?

Now I'm thinking, I might add a couple of shots of Jameson to the gas tank and see what that does...

Eddie