turned my bike into a submarine

DSN_KLR650
SniperOne308

turned my bike into a submarine

Post by SniperOne308 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks Martin...that was fun reading.Randy Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone -------- Original message -------- From: "Martin Earl mjearl4@... [DSN_KLR650]" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Date: 1/16/17 8:17 PM (GMT-07:00) To: DSN KLR650 DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Re: Turned my Bike into a Submarine   For the old KLR riders, cough. here is something that appears to be a great way to lose weight.http://rideexpeditions.com/swm-rs300r-a-high-quality-affordable-trail-bike/
On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Martin Earl wrote: Glad  you are running; I would suggest  you are a long ways from being out of the woods; especially with the electrical stuff (but I could be wrong). In the earlier post,  you did not mention if there was water in the crankcase...can't help but think water got in in some form if it was up to the windshield, ie through the airbox and breather back into the crankcase; at least that is what I picture in my mind.I think I would be tempted to change the oil and filter again 2x to make sure you don't have any fine grained soil in  your bike. I had a friend that reclaimed (HIGH END) flooded cars and he did diesel fuel flushes of the engine/crankcase.He also did a complete electrical component exchange, probably not necessary on the KLR, but it  is what he did. Perhaps someone else might comment on flushing the engine; I have seen bikes ridden in to the water and flooded, which is worse because water is sucked into the bike.Usually you see the bike hanging from a back wheel and the spark plug removed...not an easy task on the KLR, and water draining out the pipe, etc. Please keep us updated on the progress or reversals.  Can you post any pictures?Sounds a lot like an episode from the series, "Then came Bronson."m1. On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 6:25 PM, libertyeagle@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: She is running fine today, doing a of extra maintenance and trying to find my seat cover before I fully put her all back together again. But took her for a little 103 mile test ride and everything works fine. So, RIDING!!! Michael