105mpg klr...

DSN_KLR650
Lawrence Borgens

dual sport news

Post by Lawrence Borgens » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:58 pm

List, Does anyone have an update on the status of the Dual Sport News publication? Lawrence Borgens Founder cid:image002.jpg@01C80A67.C7C98080 Family Off-Road Adventures "Fun on Two Wheels!" AMA Charter #: 8058 AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison lawrence@... 209.649.3633 209.939.0628 (fax) PO Box 8633 Stockton, CA 95208 http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/> www.familyoffroadadventures.com ======================================================== [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

David Farrell

dual sport news

Post by David Farrell » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm

I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I thought this had gotten a little out of hand.
--- On Sun, 3/1/09, Lawrence Borgens wrote: From: Lawrence Borgens Subject: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News To: DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 2:58 PM List, Does anyone have an update on the status of the Dual Sport News publication? Lawrence Borgens Founder cid:image002.jpg@ 01C80A67. C7C98080 Family Off-Road Adventures "Fun on Two Wheels!" AMA Charter #: 8058 AMA District 36 Dual Sport Liaison lawrence@familyoffr oadadventures. com 209.649.3633 209.939.0628 (fax) PO Box 8633 Stockton, CA 95208 http://www.familyof froadadventures. com/> www.familyoffroadad ventures. com ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ======== [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Blake Sobiloff

dual sport news

Post by Blake Sobiloff » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:20 pm

On Mar 1, 2009, at 7:19 PM, David Farrell wrote:
> I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time > I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw > that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I > thought this had gotten a little out of hand.
Yeah, I got the August issue, but nothing after that. I sent an email via the website over a week ago asking what was going on, but haven't received a response. I really hope they're still publishing! -- Blake Sobiloff http://www.sobiloff.com/> San Jose, CA (USA) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Russell Scott

dual sport news

Post by Russell Scott » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:47 am

The new web site is up and running as of today, and the March issue is ready for downloading. New subscriptions are $3.95 for six issues. Existing subscribers will be getting a letter in the mail in the next few days telling them how to convert to a digital subscription. The existing subscribers can forward to 4 times as many issues as they would have got with the printed version. And the magazine looks at least as good, and in my opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for the magazine. R
----- Original Message ----- From: Blake Sobiloff To: dsn_klr650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:20 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News On Mar 1, 2009, at 7:19 PM, David Farrell wrote: > I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time > I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw > that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I > thought this had gotten a little out of hand. Yeah, I got the August issue, but nothing after that. I sent an email via the website over a week ago asking what was going on, but haven't received a response. I really hope they're still publishing! -- Blake Sobiloff http://www.sobiloff.com/> San Jose, CA (USA) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Chris Long

dual sport news

Post by Chris Long » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:57 pm

I just subscribed and they sent me a link with how to get my issue. The user name and password don't seem to work. Any ideas on how else to get it? I've sent an email to customer service but have not heard from them yet. Chris 08 KLR 78 GL1000
On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Russell Scott wrote: > The new web site is up and running as of today, and the March issue is > ready for downloading. New subscriptions are $3.95 for six issues. Existing > subscribers will be getting a letter in the mail in the next few days > telling them how to convert to a digital subscription. The existing > subscribers can forward to 4 times as many issues as they would have got > with the printed version. And the magazine looks at least as good, and in my > opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for > the magazine. > > R > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Blake Sobiloff > To: dsn_klr650@yahoogroups.com > Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:20 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News > > On Mar 1, 2009, at 7:19 PM, David Farrell wrote: > > > I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time > > I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw > > that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I > > thought this had gotten a little out of hand. > > Yeah, I got the August issue, but nothing after that. I sent an email > via the website over a week ago asking what was going on, but haven't > received a response. I really hope they're still publishing! > > -- > Blake Sobiloff > > http://www.sobiloff.com/> > San Jose, CA (USA) > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > -- Chris Long Chris.M.Long@... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Russell Scott

dual sport news

Post by Russell Scott » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Hang in there Chris. I know they still have a few bugs to get rid of. If you still can't login by Monday, send me another e-mail, and I'll make sure you get the March issue next week. I'm sure by the end of next week all the glitches will be cleaned up. R
----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Long To: Russell Scott Cc: KLRistas Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:57 AM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News I just subscribed and they sent me a link with how to get my issue. The user name and password don't seem to work. Any ideas on how else to get it? I've sent an email to customer service but have not heard from them yet. Chris 08 KLR 78 GL1000 On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Russell Scott wrote: The new web site is up and running as of today, and the March issue is ready for downloading. New subscriptions are $3.95 for six issues. Existing subscribers will be getting a letter in the mail in the next few days telling them how to convert to a digital subscription. The existing subscribers can forward to 4 times as many issues as they would have got with the printed version. And the magazine looks at least as good, and in my opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for the magazine. R ----- Original Message ----- From: Blake Sobiloff To: dsn_klr650@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:20 PM Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News On Mar 1, 2009, at 7:19 PM, David Farrell wrote: > I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time > I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw > that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I > thought this had gotten a little out of hand. Yeah, I got the August issue, but nothing after that. I sent an email via the website over a week ago asking what was going on, but haven't received a response. I really hope they're still publishing! -- Blake Sobiloff http://www.sobiloff.com/> San Jose, CA (USA) [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] -- Chris Long Chris.M.Long@... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Greg May

dual sport news

Post by Greg May » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi Chris, I had the same problem until I realized, actuallly as much as I hate to admit it read the instructions, and downloaded an FTP utility, after that no problem. One side note, I believe I've used Cute FTP in the past and downloaded Smart FTP Client, both of which used to be free but now Cute FTP isn't free and you find out that Smart FTP is only a 29 day free trial. I do like the new format they used, it is layed out to fit my laptop screen and still be readable without having to scroll up and down for each page like a couple other online mags I subscribe to....Have a great weekend ...Greg
--- On Thu, 3/5/09, Chris Long wrote: From: Chris Long Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News To: "Russell Scott" Cc: "KLRistas" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> Received: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 2:57 PM I just subscribed and they sent me a link with how to get my issue. The user name and password don't seem to work. Any ideas on how else to get it? I've sent an email to customer service but have not heard from them yet. Chris 08 KLR 78 GL1000 On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Russell Scott wrote: > The new web site is up and running as of today, and the March issue is > ready for downloading. New subscriptions are $3.95 for six issues. Existing > subscribers will be getting a letter in the mail in the next few days > telling them how to convert to a digital subscription. The existing > subscribers can forward to 4 times as many issues as they would have got > with the printed version. And the magazine looks at least as good, and in my > opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for > the magazine. > > R > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Blake Sobiloff > To: dsn_klr650@yahoogro ups.com > Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:20 PM > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News > > On Mar 1, 2009, at 7:19 PM, David Farrell wrote: > > > I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time > > I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw > > that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I > > thought this had gotten a little out of hand. > > Yeah, I got the August issue, but nothing after that. I sent an email > via the website over a week ago asking what was going on, but haven't > received a response. I really hope they're still publishing! > > -- > Blake Sobiloff > > http://www.sobiloff .com/> > San Jose, CA (USA) > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > -- Chris Long Chris.M.Long@ gmail.com [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________________ Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Chris Long

dual sport news

Post by Chris Long » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks Greg, I actually solved the problem thanks to another lister. I was using the wrong user name to log in. Chris
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Greg May wrote: > Hi Chris, I had the same problem until I realized, actuallly as much as I > hate to admit it read the instructions, and downloaded an FTP utility, after > that no problem. One side note, I believe I've used Cute FTP in the past and > downloaded Smart FTP Client, both of which used to be free but now Cute FTP > isn't free and you find out that Smart FTP is only a 29 day free trial. > I do like the new format they used, it is layed out to fit my laptop > screen and still be readable without having to scroll up and down for each > page like a couple other online mags I subscribe to....Have a great weekend > ...Greg > > --- On *Thu, 3/5/09, Chris Long * wrote: > > From: Chris Long > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News > To: "Russell Scott" > Cc: "KLRistas" DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> > Received: Thursday, March 5, 2009, 2:57 PM > > I just subscribed and they sent me a link with how to get my issue. The > user > name and password don't seem to work. Any ideas on how else to get it? I've > sent an email to customer service but have not heard from them yet. > Chris > 08 KLR > 78 GL1000 > > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Russell Scott > > wrote: > > > The new web site is up and running as of today, and the March issue is > > ready for downloading. New subscriptions are $3.95 for six issues. > Existing > > subscribers will be getting a letter in the mail in the next few days > > telling them how to convert to a digital subscription. The existing > > subscribers can forward to 4 times as many issues as they would have got > > with the printed version. And the magazine looks at least as good, and in > my > > opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for > > the magazine. > > > > R > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: Blake Sobiloff > > To: dsn_klr650@yahoogro ups.com > > Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:20 PM > > Subject: Re: [DSN_KLR650] Dual Sport News > > > > On Mar 1, 2009, at 7:19 PM, David Farrell wrote: > > > > > I know I haven't received an issue in quite a long time. Last time > > > I renewed, I did it for two years. I just got on last week and saw > > > that 2 years (12) issues was up to $50 if I remember right. I > > > thought this had gotten a little out of hand. > > > > Yeah, I got the August issue, but nothing after that. I sent an email > > via the website over a week ago asking what was going on, but haven't > > received a response. I really hope they're still publishing! > > > > -- > > Blake Sobiloff > > > http://www.sobiloff .com/ http://www.sobiloff.com/>> > > San Jose, CA (USA) > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > -- > Chris Long > Chris.M.Long@ gmail.com > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > ------------------------------ > *All new Yahoo! Mail - * http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/newmail/overview2/>Get > a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane. > -- Chris Long Chris.M.Long@... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

n9udl

dual sport news

Post by n9udl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:18 pm

I subscribed yesterday but did not receive and instructions for downloading issues. I did get the email from Paypal confirming payment. I also emailed subscribe@... but no response either. It has only been a little more than a day, so no emergency or anything, but I though I'd mention it here in case someone from DSN was reading here. Thanks, Tom

revmaaatin

dual sport news

Post by revmaaatin » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:09 pm

--- In DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com, "Russell Scott" wrote:
> > The new web site is up and running as of today, and the March issue is ready for downloading. New subscriptions are $3.95 for six issues. Existing subscribers will be getting a letter in the mail in the next few days telling them how to convert to a digital subscription. The existing subscribers can forward to 4 times as many issues as they would have got with the printed version. And the magazine looks at least as good, and in my opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for the magazine. > > R
Hi Russel, You and I occasionally agree on many subjects, but this is one that we are no longer at parity. snip "And the magazine looks at least as good, and in my opinion, better than the old print version. This was a very good move for the magazine." unsnip Admittedly, I have not seen the new magazine, but this is why I disagree: I find it difficult, if not impossible to digitally share what we do with long range motorcycle with my 'older-friends' =cheering sections that watch out their windows as I campaign my KLR across rural America; those that have neither access nor ability to use a computer. Paper is/remains their medium of choice, etc. Digital is good for some applications, but IMO is not always better. revmaaatin.