repaired cam bores

DSN_KLR650
Norm Keller

repaired cam bores

Post by Norm Keller » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:16 am

I just picked up the repaired head from Mike's. The exhaust cam bores were badly melted so sent it to: Engine Dynamics LLC 2040 Petaluma Blvd N Petaluma,California

Total to repair both exhaust cam bores but welding up one badly melted bore, line boring, and installing two insert, 1/2 shell bearings was $200.00.

The job seems well done and is the way I might tackle it if still doing engine machining.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rt18zy59dgouqhi/Exhaust%20caps%20off.jpg?dl=0

eddiebmauri

decals & plastics question

Post by eddiebmauri » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:08 pm

OK, I have two (2) questions, please; 1.  What is the best way to remove the KLR Decal from the gas tank and from the front (plastic) covers (the ones on the front near/below the tank)?  Don't tell to use a blowtorch, wont fall that one........ 2.  My plastic covers (the ones near/below) the tank are beat, the fastener clips are all busted.  I have to use zip ties to secure them.  So, are the front plastic covers  really necessary?  I am thinking of getting rid of the front plastic covers altogether and riding commando?  Bad idea? Suggestions, comments, please. Eddie San Antonio, Texas, Republic of (Texit coming soon........???)