oil filter conversation

DSN_KLR650
Mark Van Horn

oil filter conversation

Post by Mark Van Horn » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:53 pm

I just stick with paper Emgo filters from ronayers.com, and my bikes all have plenty of miles on 'em. I always wondered how clean you can get an SS filter during oil changes without using a lab-grade sonicator bath and solvent. I have a bath, but it seems like too much hassle. Mark
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 8:44 AM, achesley43@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Read several travel stories of people using ss due to being able to find a paper filter.

eddiebmauri

tire psi question..............

Post by eddiebmauri » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:40 am

I run Avon Distanzia tires on my KLR and have a question......... Yesterday, my tires were at about 20 psi (I usually run 30 psi), so, I inflated them to 30 psi.  I noticed that after I inflated the tires to 30 psi, I got that tingling-numb sensation in my left hand/fingers.  I should mention that my handle bars have Bark Busters, and I put silicone jell in the handle bars to dampen vibration(s).  So, my question is, do you all think that tires cause more handlebar vibrations at 30 psi than at 20 psi???  Or at  higher PSI than at lower PSI?  BTW, the tires feel too "spongy" at 20 PSI..... Eddie M. San Antonio, Texas, Republic of