08 with blown head for sale as donner bike

DSN_KLR650
Martin Earl

brakes, no brakes, brakes

Post by Martin Earl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Gerry,I like the idea of the tubing with a check valve inside. 12+ years ago Fred sold me a set of 'bleeder' nipples with the check valve installed.Easy, peasy, perhaps a bit of over kill. shrug. I really liked them as well. IRT to back flushing the brake fluid from the wheel cylinder into the master cylinder, the previous author thought it was the best way to get the most used fluid from the wheel cylinder.Is that true? I don't know, but that author thought so. Glad you got it figured out.m.
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM, gerryponline@... [DSN_KLR650] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Martin, I don't know how I got water in my brake fluid, but I do believe that is the cause of the problem. In any case, that seems to be where to start. I like to try the easy things first. For replacing brake fluid, I use a piece of tubing with a check valve in it on the caliper. and pump the new fluid from the master cylinder through the system. This has always worked well for me, and seems less messy than flushing it in the other direction. Gerry