what the latest nhtsa fatality stats reveal about motorcycle saf

DSN_KLR650
Fred Hink

beware of avon tires warranty

Post by Fred Hink » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:27 pm

I m not saying it was you that stored the tire near ozone or chemicals but they may have been stored that way before you purchased them.  My point was that ozone and chemicals have a negative effect on rubber, doesn t matter who.  From what I read, non-use of a tire is also very hard on it.  Just like any motorcycle it is better to use it within reason than to not use it at all.   What is the dealer you bought the tires telling you?  Are they trying to pass the buck or did they give you a definite no on the warranty claim?  I can call Parts Unlimited here in the US as I am an Avon dealer and get their recommendation on what you should do if you want to proceed with this matter.  When talking with your dealer, be sure to talk with the Parts Manager or the manager of the business there.  Some parts people can t be bothered with returns or warranty claims.  It doesn t sound like your dealer is trying hard enough to get this resolved.   Push harder, if the dealer can t or won t help you then you haven t lost much. Fred http://www.arrowheadmotorsports.com       [b]From:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Sent:[/b] Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:52 PM [b]To:[/b] DSN_KLR650@yahoogroups.com [b]Subject:[/b] Re: [DSN_KLR650] Beware of Avon tires warranty     I agree with all your points, which are very good by the way. However, in my case there was no chemicals, nor ozone, nor electric motors in the area where my tires were stored. I don't abuse or neglect my tires or the bike in general. Maybe storing the bike in a cold shed is not the best place but I had not much space available in my living room ;-) I did exactly as you say, first go to the dealer, then try the distributor (through the dealer) and even the head office. And I keep on following up with the dealer every second week but they don't seem to have more leverage than I do in this issue. Anyways, I really don't expect much from that claim, it is more a matter of principle than anything else. I sincerely do no think that it is acceptable (whatever the use of the tires) that they could get is such a bad shape after a single year of use. Thanks, JL

Norm Keller

what the latest nhtsa fatality stats reveal about motorcycle saf

Post by Norm Keller » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:48 pm

#ygrps-yiv-1773075659 blockquote.ygrps-yiv-1773075659cite {margin-left:5px;margin-right:0px;padding-left:10px;padding-right:0px;border-left:1px solid #cccccc;} #ygrps-yiv-1773075659 blockquote.ygrps-yiv-1773075659cite2 {margin-left:5px;margin-right:0px;padding-left:10px;padding-right:0px;border-left:1px solid #cccccc;margin-top:3px;padding-top:0px;} #ygrps-yiv-1773075659 .ygrps-yiv-1773075659plain pre, #ygrps-yiv-1773075659 .ygrps-yiv-1773075659plain tt {font-family:monospace;font-size:100%;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;white-space:pre-wrap;} #ygrps-yiv-1773075659 a img {border:0px;}#ygrps-yiv-1773075659 {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:12pt;} #ygrps-yiv-1773075659 .ygrps-yiv-1773075659plain pre, #ygrps-yiv-1773075659 .ygrps-yiv-1773075659plain tt {font-family:Tahoma;font-size:12pt;}   An older article on motorcycle accidents:   https://rideapart.com/articles/what-the-latest-nhtsa-fatality-statistics-reveal-about-motorcycle-safety

jocelynlabreche

beware of avon tires warranty

Post by jocelynlabreche » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi everybody,
I tought that to be fair I should give you the end of the story. So three months later, my claim has been solved and closed. I got a refund of $131.24 which is roughly half the price I paid for those tires. It is not as much as what I was wishing for, but considering all the potential factors that could lead to this kind of tire wear, I would say that it is not so bad.
They didn't ask me to send the old tires back, I don't know if this means something or simply that they didn't want to waste more money to pay for the return shipping charges. I don't really care.
Final word, thumbs up to Avon, they do honnor their warranty and I am happy that I bought another set of the same thing. I will tell you next year if they last longer. However, thumbs down for PartsCanada who don't give any feedback during the process. Special mention to A Vicious Cycle for their patience during my numerous follow-ups.
JL