mc insurance,...huh?

DSN_KLR650
Robert J. Kaub

nklr

Post by Robert J. Kaub » Tue Apr 03, 2001 8:55 am

I think it important to spread the word. I posted this to the Honda Odyssey list. If you want it done right......... Yesterday my son took his 2001 Odyssey to the Jiffy Lube on RT9 in Shrewsbury, MA for its first oil change. It cost $30.00. He then left for NJ on business and stopped by in PA to visit briefly. When he mentioned that he had just had the oil changed at Jiffy Lube, I asked him if he had checked things out after they were done. He said no. Even though it was 10:00 pm, I went out and looked at the van. The oil was 1/2 inch above the top hole on the dipstick. This is a significant overfill. When I looked at the filter, I found it dripping oil and there was oil all over the underside of the van. I had to put the van up on ramps and found the No-Name-Brand-That-I-Ever-Heard-Of (motorguard) oil filter barely hand tight. I tried searching the internet for the brand name and part number for this filter but found nothing. As soon as I tried to remove it, the gasket rolled right out of its groove. I replaced this cheap filter with an AC #PF1127. I keep these on hand for use in our other Hondas. Good thing. This cheap filter had obviously been improperly installed and the installer obviously didn't do the "start engine and check for leaks" step that is universally recommended after changing the oil. Jiffy Lube didn't use the official Honda aluminum crush washer under the oil pan drain plug either. Some green colored gasket was in there but it wasn't leaking so I let it alone. I seriously doubt the drain plug was tightened to the 34ft/lb torque spec so important for drain plugs in cast aluminum oil pans. It is only great good luck that the filter gasket didn't blow completely out somewhere on the interstate last night leaving my son stranded at best and stranded with a fried motor at worst. For what it's worth. Thanks.

cosmo_bojinski@hotmail.com

nklr

Post by cosmo_bojinski@hotmail.com » Thu Apr 05, 2001 11:26 pm

if you're not lurking are u klring?......cosmo

Mojo Jojo

nklr

Post by Mojo Jojo » Fri Aug 10, 2001 5:43 pm

>seat to some of the shit that has been stirred here lately. > >-- >bierdo > > >Oh come on, don't sell yourself short. ;-)) > >Jim Sherlock >Austin, Texas
Assholes know a lot about shit! _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Mojo Jojo

nklr

Post by Mojo Jojo » Fri Aug 10, 2001 5:53 pm

Recent Ranters, Panters, Whiners, Opiners, Doomsayers, Spittle-Sprayers, Paranoiacs, and Conspiracy-Theorists: You seem to have to say a lot, which is a long way from having a lot to say. You seem to have to say a lot. You seem to say lot. You seem to have a need to say a lot. You say a lot. Much of it makes you sound ignorant, unsmart, and in need of both some professional help and some nookie. Little of it relates to KLR's or dual sport bikes. Your two cents' worth is usually buried in two dollars' worth of junk. A cent is 1/100th of a dollar. Please say less. Thank you. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Russell Scott

nklr

Post by Russell Scott » Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:04 pm

Mojo, put an NKLR filter on your E-mail's Flojo, and you won't see anymore of the Nojo. Russel'r DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Recent Ranters, Panters, Whiners, Opiners, Doomsayers, Spittle-Sprayers, Paranoiacs, and Conspiracy-Theorists: You seem to have to say a lot, which is a long way from having a lot to say. You seem to have to say a lot. You seem to say lot. You seem to have a need to say a lot. You say a lot. Much of it makes you sound ignorant, unsmart, and in need of both some professional help and some nookie. Little of it relates to KLR's or dual sport bikes. Your two cents' worth is usually buried in two dollars' worth of junk. A cent is 1/100th of a dollar. Please say less. Thank you. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Post message: DSN_klr650@yahoogroups.com Subscribe: DSN_klr650-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Unsubscribe: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com List owner: DSN_klr650-owner@yahoogroups.com Support Dual Sport News by subscribing at: http://www.dualsportnews.com Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Swede

nklr

Post by Swede » Sat Aug 11, 2001 11:23 am

NKLR means Non-KLR content, which the founders of the list set as a way of releasing banter and B.S.. If you don't like it, do like many others and get a filter. Simple. --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Mojo Jojo" wrote:
> Recent Ranters, Panters, Whiners, Opiners, Doomsayers, Spittle-
Sprayers,
> Paranoiacs, and Conspiracy-Theorists: > > You seem to have to say a lot, which is a long way from having a
lot to say.
> You seem to have to say a lot. You seem to say lot. You seem to
have a
> need to say a lot. You say a lot. Much of it makes you sound
ignorant,
> unsmart, and in need of both some professional help and some
nookie. Little
> of it relates to KLR's or dual sport bikes. Your two cents' worth
is
> usually buried in two dollars' worth of junk. A cent is 1/100th of
a
> dollar. Please say less. Thank you. > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

jayed36@yahoo.com

nklr

Post by jayed36@yahoo.com » Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:51 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Swede" wrote:
> NKLR means Non-KLR content, which the founders of the list set > as a way of releasing banter and B.S.. If you don't like it, do > like many others and get a filter. Simple.
Will a regular paper filter do... or is one of the better foam filters required? Is that what that spare 5 " bay is for on the computer? Might be able to slip a K&N in there if you scrunch it up, but then I'm thinking you need to do a mod for better breathability. Jeff Compaq DeskPro

Swede

nklr

Post by Swede » Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:09 pm

--- In DSN_klr650@y..., jayed36@y... wrote:
> --- In DSN_klr650@y..., "Swede" wrote: > > NKLR means Non-KLR content, which the founders of the list set > > as a way of releasing banter and B.S.. If you don't like it, do > > like many others and get a filter. Simple. > > Will a regular paper filter do... or is one of the better foam > filters required? Is that what that spare 5 " bay is for on the > computer? Might be able to slip a K&N in there if you scrunch it
up,
> but then I'm thinking you need to do a mod for better breathability. > > Jeff > Compaq DeskPro
For that particular machine, a K&N from a 1995 XT600 works perfect, slides in like a cartridge. Compatible with most "Plug and Play" cards. "Swede"

West Hovland

nklr

Post by West Hovland » Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:49 pm

Many of you have probably already seen this... for the rest of you, it's the end of all your searching. Enjoy, then go ride West http://home.att.net/~cecw/lastpage.htm [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

C. Martin

nklr

Post by C. Martin » Thu Aug 16, 2001 2:46 pm

The KLR manual is a piece of junk. I just removed my Carb from my 97 KLR650 A11 and attempted to look up how the choke cable attached. Guess what NO INFORMATION. Got the carb off, cable off and ordered new cable. but no thanks to the factory manuals (actually both manuals). Old carb cable froze up and will not move. This makes the bike very hard to start even in the 105degree Texas heat. Charles Martin 97 KLR 650 00 R1150GS