on-bike storage

DSN_KLR650
Arden Kysely

on-bike storage

Post by Arden Kysely » Mon Oct 01, 2001 12:35 pm

It's possible to wire a set of brake and clutch levers to the plastic shroud over the headlight inside the fairing. Just takes a couple of small holes in the plastic to run the wire through. I used tie-wraps at first, but couldn't get them tight enough to prevent obnoxious vibration. With solid copper wire you can really cinch them down. My KLR was de-Californicated by the previous owner, who also cut down a sandwich-sized plastic container that now fits where the charcoal canister was. On another storage note, if you put longer bolts on your canister plate and cinch them down with nuts over the cover, you've got yourself two more bungee hooks in a very handy location. Arden Kysely A11 "Mr. K"
--- In DSN_klr650@y..., JIM_7727@M... wrote: > I was just curious to see if there were any unique ideas out > there on storing items on your KLR650. By this I mean other than tank > bags, saddle bags, etc. I guess the reason I bring this up is that I > use the underside of my rear fender to store 2 small sealed kits. One > is a first aid kit and the other is a snakebite kit. I strip tie them > to the frame for the luggage rack. They have survived under there > intact through mud, gravel, and motocross style jumps. I get a lot of > comments because I have small graphics indicating the storage of > these kits placed on either side of the bike under the rear rack. > This way these necessities are always with me. I have had need for > both kits on numerous occasions too. > Anyone out there do anything weird like this? Just wondering. > > Jim Davis > Va Beach, Va