[dsn_klr650] choke cable

DSN_KLR650
Dash Weeks

[dsn_klr650] choke cable

Post by Dash Weeks » Fri Apr 07, 2000 10:19 am

At 05:16 AM 4/7/00 -0600, you wrote:
>> Once you rotate the carb, how do you actually detatch the choke cable? >> Does it just pull out? > >it has a fairly fragile plastic fitting that screws into the side of the >carbie...I think it takes a 14mm...if you try do do it w/o removing it from >the handlebar and creating slack you will bung it up or crack it...FWIW it >isn't a choke as we know it...it is a fuel enrichment circuit as you'll see >when you get at it... > >Kurt
The years must have changed things. I have an A2. I took the Carb off last night and the Enricher cable unscrews from the carb with a metal fitting. 12mm. There is a plastic insert in the fitting that looks like it won't take much stress. I left the handle bar alone and removed the enricher cable after removing the carb from the intake boot. Moving the carb to the left side of the bike, I was able easily take it off. But then again doing it all with the carb still on there, will be different. Boy my bike looks naked. Nothing left but engine frame and front end. Those all go tonight. Lotza parts everywhere. Boy this is fun. LaterZ Dash A2 - Da' Bomb No Longer Crashing for Beer Will wheelie for Virgin Oil