[dsn_klr650] cparts99.com ???

DSN_KLR650
Dash Weeks

(klr650) klr valves: two more questions

Post by Dash Weeks » Thu Apr 06, 2000 12:03 pm

Memory Rarely Serves me, but I think it is 12mm. A standard metric socket set will serve nearly all your bike's needs. Except for the swing arm shaft nut and the rear axle nut (22mm), as most sets stop at 19mm. But then if I remember correctly you don't have to remove the swing arm to check your valves ;) And no.. to the second question. You can put anything you want on a torque wrench and you won't change the reading or break point (ratchet types), I often need to put multipliers on my big torque wrench. Not for the bike mind you. For really big bolts.... LaterZ Dash Who isn't torqued at work yet. Sorry if you got this twice. See I'm racing servers and NEED to know which one is faster at this instant in time. Ready, Set, SEND!
>Can anyone tell me the size (mm) of the valve cover bolts? > >And, if I get a torque wrench and need to use an adapter for a smaller >socket, will that create a false torque reading?
A2 - Da' Bomb No Longer Crashing for Beer Will wheelie for Virgin Oil

Bogdan Swider

(klr650) klr valves: two more questions

Post by Bogdan Swider » Thu Apr 06, 2000 3:04 pm

> And no.. to the second question. You can put anything you want on a > torque wrench and you won't change the reading or break point (ratchet > types), I often need to put multipliers on my big torque wrench. Not for > the bike mind you. For really big bolts.... > > LaterZ > Dash >
Except for universal joint adapters. Someone posted a formula to read torque with one of these babies a long time ago. Wish I would have printed it. Bogdan

Craig Highline

[dsn_klr650] cparts99.com ???

Post by Craig Highline » Fri Apr 07, 2000 5:49 am

That was cparts99@.... Sorry 'bout that, just a little brain cramp on my part............