nklr :test html

DSN_KLR650
Cassell, Jonathan Z

[dsn_klr650] changing to digest

Post by Cassell, Jonathan Z » Thu Apr 06, 2000 2:07 pm

I didn't have these problems, but wonder about the digest mode. It seems to be 'daily'. Is that true? one a day? -Spike, who needs his KLR fix more often than that -----Original Message----- From: Tim Booth [mailto:tim.booth@...] Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 3:02 PM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Cc: rkaub@... Subject: [DSN_klr650] Changing to digest Had the same problem today changing to digest mode.... 1) Put in your email address Click "sign in" 2) Click "can't remember password" 3) Put in your email address Click "send email" 4 Check your incoming email for "lost password" email 5) Follow email instructions to create your password 6) You're in! From: "R. Kaub" Subject: Re: (klr650) Hear Ye... Hear Ye... PLEASE READ
>This has been a long time coming, but I am moving our klr650 List over to >eGroups. Our current list is DOS based (Majordomo), and eGroups is web >based. The benefits are many, as I will outline below. >>>>
Hi Arne: I tried going to the website for egroup at the address you provided. The first time I got there I tried to sign on but was unable to do anything as it wanted me to provide a password and, of course there was none in the system. The second, third and fourth time I tried to go there, the site was "unavailable at this time, sorry for the inconvenience".... I'm wondering if it would benefit transferees if you came up with a short list of step by step instructions for the changeover. Also, do you have a date for when the existing list will no longer work? I am currently subscribed both at work and at home. Will this be the case on the web site? Thanks for your hard work and help. Bob Kaub _____ http://click.egroups.com/1/1622/3/_/_/_/955047752/> http://adimg.egroups.com/img/1622/3/_/_/_/955047752/HOPLivenWeb.gif> _____ Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650> Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@... Let's keep this list SPAM free! Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Gary Weaver

nklr :test html

Post by Gary Weaver » Thu Apr 06, 2000 9:49 pm

Attachments : Test attachment html [img]cid:part1.38ED4AC3.60E253FC@sunlink.net[/img] DSN_klr650@egroups.com wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files. Install today: http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/3/_/_/_/955064501/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@softhome.net Let's keep this list SPAM free!

Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. RE: (klr650) KLR Valves: Two more questions            From: Bogdan Swider bSwider@coloradocollege.edu>       2. Another Test            From: rkaub@binghamton.edu       3. testing            From: "Scherer, Michael" MScherer@freemarkets.com>       4. Re: (klr650) List Server Race NKLR            From: Don Davis don@texmemsys.com>       5. What it is? NKLR            From: "Cassell, Jonathan Z" jsc@qn.net>       6. advice on long-distance used bike buying (nklr)            From: "Weaver, Mark" MWeaver@abtcorp.com>       7. RE: advice on long-distance used bike buying (nklr)            From: "Kurt Simpson" dsneditor@softhome.net>       8. Map posting            From: altsol@mediaone.net       9. Compliments!            From: "Gary Bettes" altsol@mediaone.net>      10. Front Fork seals  (NKLR)            From: "EdgyDrifter" bloodrose@uswest.net>      11. RE: > (klr650) No more Tweeting Muffler            From: "Copsey, Stephen J (Steve)" scopsey@lucent.com>      12. RE: No more Tweeting Muffler            From: "Copsey, Stephen J (Steve)" scopsey@lucent.com>      13. New KLR or Retro Crapo...Whatever            From: dust1972@hotmail.com      14. Test            From: Rob Heywood rheywoo1@rochester.rr.com>      15. Tim's side protectors and side plastic removal            From: les123@home.com      16. Re: New list home questions -- No of subscribers and  attachments (att: Arne Listmeister)            From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net>      17. Re: New list home questions -- No of subscribers and attachments (att: Arne Listmeister)            From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net>      18. Replaced OEM headlight bulb today...            From: TWilmotte@avistacorp.com      19. RE: Tim's side protectors and side plastic removal            From: "Morneault, Emil  (SRDH)" EmilM@chw.edu>      20. Re: Cool Change! (NKLR)            From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net>      21. Re: New list home questions -- NKLR            From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net>      22. (nklr) test message            From: "steve pye" steve.pye@cancom.net>      23. Re: What it is? NKLR            From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net>      24. NKLR Test            From: "Dave Leslie" les123@home.com>      25. Re: NKLR Test            From: "Calis" calis@ticz.com>

________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________

Message: 1    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:04:20 -0600    From: Bogdan Swider bSwider@coloradocollege.edu> Subject: RE: (klr650) KLR Valves: Two more questions

> And no.. to the second question.  You can put anything you want on a > torque wrench and you won't change the reading or break point (ratchet > types), I often need to put multipliers on my big torque wrench.  Not for > the bike mind you.  For really big bolts.... > > LaterZ > Dash > Except for universal joint adapters. Someone posted a formula to read torque with one of these babies a long time ago. Wish I would have printed it. Bogdan

________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________

Message: 2    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:07:33 -0000    From: rkaub@binghamton.edu Subject: Another Test

Thanks Tim. I guess I'm in.

Message: 3    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:09:06 -0400    From: "Scherer, Michael" MScherer@freemarkets.com> Subject: testing

Michael Scherer FreeMarkets One Oliver Plaza 210 Sixth Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa 15222 Phone: 877-303-3658

Message: 4    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:13:41 -0500 (CDT)    From: Don Davis don@texmemsys.com> Subject: Re: (klr650) List Server Race NKLR

At 11:05 AM 04/06/2000 -0600, Dash Weeks wrote: > >And the Old List Server Wins!!! > >>Sorry if you got this twice.  See I'm racing servers and NEED to know which >>one is faster at this instant in time.  Ready, Set, SEND! > >

The new server was 33 seconds faster for me. But I have a feeling this increase in speed will be swamped out by any binary attachments that could now be included. I am _not_ complaining, I think the move is a good one, but I am concerned with the added download time if people get carried away with the binaries.

Don (who is waiting for DSL to come his area) A14

Message: 5    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:13:18 -0400    From: "Cassell, Jonathan Z" jsc@qn.net> Subject: What it is? NKLR  

What capability does that 'database' section give us? If a guy, say, wanted to tabulate tire recommendations made by various subscribers, or lists of modifications or other stuff, would he just create a table and put the stuff in? Looks like a neat place to stuff FAQs. In fact, there is a FAQ template.

And Fred, it looks like you can put your link here, too.

Nice place we have here! I feel like I've moved into a new house. Anybody want to try out CHAT? I'm on. Nothing to say, but I'd like to see it work.

-Spike. What do you want from me. I'm a software guy.

Message: 6    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:01:44 -0700    From: "Weaver, Mark" MWeaver@abtcorp.com> Subject: advice on long-distance used bike buying (nklr)

after researching, it appears that a yamaha xt225 would be a pretty good choice for my wife-first-bike/lighter-dirt-play-bike-for-me needs. there are several late model used ones available out of state for $1000-2000 savings over new (haven't found any locally in norcal for sale). any advice for buying a bike out of state? how do people normally ship them? the ones i'm looking at are mostly 2000 miles or less, and pictures look like they're in pretty new shape. what's it cost approximately to ship a bike a few states away?

still considering just buying one new. this has disadvantage of slightly greater expense, and the extra hassle of the breakin svc, but it has the advantage that i take very good care of my stuff, and i know how it'll be maintained. even after stacia moves up to a bigger bike for traveling, i intend to hold onto this one for play and stuff (also got a 15 yr old son who i could break in on it when he visits).

mark weaver

Message: 7    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:09:39 -0600    From: "Kurt Simpson" dsneditor@softhome.net> Subject: RE: advice on long-distance used bike buying (nklr)

> after researching, it appears that a yamaha xt225 would be a pretty good > choice for my wife-first-bike/lighter-dirt-play-bike-for-me > needs. there are > several late model used ones available out of state for $1000-2000 savings > over new (haven't found any locally in norcal for sale). any advice for > buying a bike out of state? how do people normally ship them? the ones i'm > looking at are mostly 2000 miles or less, and pictures look like > they're in > pretty new shape. what's it cost approximately to ship a bike a few states > away?

$400-$500...

Kurt

Message: 8    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 21:16:08 -0000    From: altsol@mediaone.net Subject: Map posting

Arne

Can we get the map for the Song Dog Ranch gathering put up on this system?

Message: 9    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:46:08 -0700    From: "Gary Bettes" altsol@mediaone.net> Subject: Compliments!

Thanks for the upgrade Arne. You were doing a great job on the old system. Perhaps this will let you do an even better job with a lot less work.

I like this system so well that I have set up my local M/c club on it. The email reminders for events is great.

Thanks again.

Gary Bettes A10 "Boat"

Message: 10    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:10:21 -0700    From: "EdgyDrifter" bloodrose@uswest.net> Subject: Front Fork seals  (NKLR)

Hello Listers  I am hoping someone can clue me in on the procedure for replaceing fork seals in a LTD-700? What I have pictured is proping the bike up and taking the wheel off and loosening the triple clamp, pulling the forks out, then things get murky, is there a through bolt of some sort that holds the whole bit together? Last time I did a seal replacement on a bike was a YZ250 and I remember having a problem seperating the top tube from the bottom. If anyone knows of a link with the general guidelines or wants to e-mail something off list I would appreciate it...thanks. Mark

Message: 11    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:19:49 +0100    From: "Copsey, Stephen J (Steve)" scopsey@lucent.com> Subject: RE: > (klr650) No more Tweeting Muffler

May I suggest something which I intend to do -

Start with just one small hole, say 5mm. Try it, then add another, then drill one out to 1/2" (or is that 12.5 mm ??) and so on.

Gives a bit more control so you can stop the mod if it starts getting too loud for your taste.

Steve (KLX)

> ---------- > From:         twuwver1@flash.net[SMTP:twuwver1@flash.net] > Reply To:     twuwver1@flash.net > Sent:         05 April 2000 21:03 > To:   klr650@lists.xmission.com > Subject:      Re: > (klr650) No more Tweeting Muffler > > I just drilled the two holes in the stock muffler butt plate.  Did exactly > as > Elden Carl suggested in Friday's chat session.  Two holes 1/2" in diameter > > about an inch from stock outlet and about one inch apart.

Message: 12    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:33:59 +0100    From: "Copsey, Stephen J (Steve)" scopsey@lucent.com> Subject: RE: No more Tweeting Muffler

Hey that was quick - about 30 seconds to get over the pond and back.

And thanks Arne for making us KLX owners welcome.

Steve the Brit > ---------- > From:         Copsey, Stephen J (Steve)[SMTP:scopsey@lucent.com] > Reply To:     DSN_klr650@egroups.com > Sent:         06 April 2000 23:19 > To:   'DSN_klr650@egroups.com' > Subject:      [DSN_klr650] RE: > (klr650) No more Tweeting Muffler > > May I suggest something which I intend to do - > > Start with just one small hole, say 5mm. Try it, then add another, then > drill one out to 1/2" (or is that 12.5 mm ??) and so on. > > Gives a bit more control so you can stop the mod if it starts getting too > loud for your taste. > > Steve > (KLX) > > > ---------- > > From:       twuwver1@flash.net[SMTP:twuwver1@flash.net] > > Reply To:   twuwver1@flash.net > > Sent:       05 April 2000 21:03 > > To:         klr650@lists.xmission.com > > Subject:    Re: > (klr650) No more Tweeting Muffler > > > > I just drilled the two holes in the stock muffler butt plate.  Did > exactly > > as > > Elden Carl suggested in Friday's chat session.  Two holes 1/2" in > diameter > > > > about an inch from stock outlet and about one inch apart. > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > @Backup- Protect and Access your data any time, any where on the net. > Try @Backup FREE and recieve 300 points from mypoints.com Install now: > http://click.egroups.com/1/2345/3/_/_/_/955059594/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Visit the KLR650 archives at > http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 > Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@softhome.net > Let's keep this list SPAM free! > > Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com > >

Message: 13    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:39:52 -0000    From: dust1972@hotmail.com Subject: New KLR or Retro Crapo...Whatever

OK OK OK OK Lets get all this straight!

The cancelling of the KLR 650 and 2001 being the last year is really a bunch of crap right?

I am new to the list and an still discovering who the cut-ups (nice to be around my own type) are and who the serious types (haven't found any yet) are.  Just bought the KLR 650 after drooling over it for over 4 years. Finally afford it (and even got Wifey approval)!

ARE THEY OR ARE THEY NOT CANCELING THE KLR?

Thanks for your tolerance of my infrequent gullability and probably most ignorant question.

Dust Proud owner (FINALLY) of an A14 (with Wife's stamp of approval)

Now maybe I can stop moping around and thinking unpleasant thoughts about Kawasaki.

P.S.  If it was a joke (almost sure of this), it was a great one!

Message: 14    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:49:24 -0400    From: Rob Heywood rheywoo1@rochester.rr.com> Subject: Test

test

Message: 15    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:54:14 -0000    From: les123@home.com Subject: Tim's side protectors and side plastic removal

Hi,  Is it common experience that the right side plastic can't be removed without first removing at least one of the bolts securing the side protector rack. On my installation, the plastic prong of the side plastic can't be disengaged from its hole without first moving the rack. Dave Leslie

Message: 16    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:04:33 -0700    From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net> Subject: Re: New list home questions -- No of subscribers and  attachments (att: Arne Listmeister)

----- Original Message ----- From: Sarah Barwig sarah@labiker.com> Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] New list home questions -- No of subscribers and attachments (att: Arne Listmeister)

> > Hullo, > > > > Is it just me or are the number of people subscribed to list slowly going > > down? When I got the email to "check it out" at egroups, I went there and > > saw that there was 543 members in the list. It currently stands at 538. > > I'm guessing that egroups subbed everyone, then realized that some of us who > had subbed ourselves were double subbed, so they un-subbed us. Which leaves > eagle-eyed number watchers with a dwindling impression. > > Sarah

Exactly Sarah!  =^)

Cheers,

Arne

Message: 17    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:09:08 -0700    From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net> Subject: Re: New list home questions -- No of subscribers and attachments (att: Arne Listmeister)

From: Yusseri Yusoff y.yusoff@eim.surrey.ac.uk> Subject: [DSN_klr650] New list home questions -- No of subscribers and attachments (att: Arne Listmeister)

> This next question is more for Arne Listmeister, really. If people send > out pics and other binaries, does it get sent out to the emails as well? I > read in the Help section that it will if allowed by the moderator. So, you > allow binaries, but do you also allow them for the emails sent out to > subs?

As in sandwiches?  Or what kind of "subs" are you referring to?  As for "binaries", they're the little guys on Reboot right?

You can send pictures to the list now.  If you are in Regular mode, you will receive them.  If you are in Digest mode, there will be a little note saying that a picture was attached to the message.  To view, you can then go to the DSN_klr650 site and click on the message to see the image.

Cheers,

Arne

Message: 18    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 23:19:16 -0000    From: TWilmotte@avistacorp.com Subject: Replaced OEM headlight bulb today...

Well my PIAA 80/80 H4 arrived in the mail yesterday and got around to installing it this morning and must say that it was a major PITA to get the OEM out and the new in.... Sure hope I don't have to do that on the road especially at night...  Tonight I'll get to put it to the test..

Todd

Message: 19    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:24:09 -0700    From: "Morneault, Emil  (SRDH)" EmilM@chw.edu> Subject: RE: Tim's side protectors and side plastic removal

I TRIMMED THE BOTTOM OF THE PANEL(ABOUT 1 INCH) THE PANEL IS EASILY REMOVED AND THE PRONG FITS IN AS  WITHOUT THE RACK

-----Original Message----- From: les123@home.com [les123@home.com] Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 3:54 PM To: DSN_klr650@egroups.com Subject: [DSN_klr650] Tim's side protectors and side plastic removal

Hi,  Is it common experience that the right side plastic can't be removed without first removing at least one of the bolts securing the side protector rack. On my installation, the plastic prong of the side plastic can't be disengaged from its hole without first moving the rack. Dave Leslie

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Special Offer-Earn 300 Points from MyPoints.com for trying @Backup Get automatic protection and access to your important computer files. Install today: http://click.egroups.com/1/2344/3/_/_/_/955061658/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit the KLR650 archives at http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=klr650 Support Dual Sport News... dsneditor@softhome.net Let's keep this list SPAM free!

Visit our site at http://www.egroups.com/group/DSN_klr650 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: DSN_klr650-unsubscribe@egroups.com

Message: 20    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:25:54 -0700    From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net> Subject: Re: Cool Change! (NKLR)

From: Kahiau kahiau@pixi.com> Subject: [DSN_klr650] Cool Change! (NKLR)

>>>Sounds good Arne!  This is one change I am looking forward to.  Thanks for the upgrade.  The ability to upload pics?!  I can't wait to see all the listers bikes.  It took me about 5 months to get my pics on line.

Thanks.

>>>See you on egroup . . .

You just did... =^)

Arne

Message: 21    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:30:57 -0700    From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net> Subject: Re: New list home questions -- NKLR

From: Sarah Barwig sarah@labiker.com> Subject: Re: [DSN_klr650] New list home questions -- NKLR

> Actually, I kinda enjoy it too. but a loss of 5 out of 538 subscribers is less > than 1%, and pretty reasonable for this massive a changeover, imho.

Actually, we haven't been losing anyone really.  When I sent out the initial notice, a few people (30) subscribed themselves before Customer Service took care of it for me.

But as far as fluctuation goes, this is normal...  Even with the old list we has a handful come and go everyday.

> Arne, you did leave a change of address card at the old place so our mail gets > forwarded, right? I'd hate to lose old occasional posters.

I'm still picking up the new subscribers to the old address and moving them over.  As far as the old posters, if anyone was subscribed before, they are subscribed now.

Thanks for the look-out though Sarah.  =^)

Arne

Message: 22    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:35:04 -0300    From: "steve pye" steve.pye@cancom.net> Subject: (nklr) test message

Oh great, this ignorant backwoods computer neophyte finally figures out how to correctly post to the list and then you go and change things!!! But seriously, thanks for your instruction and patience on the old list Arne, have I arrived safely? Steve Pye A7

Message: 23    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:35:04 -0700    From: "Arne Larsen" nookie@telus.net> Subject: Re: What it is? NKLR

From: Cassell, Jonathan Z jsc@qn.net> Subject: [DSN_klr650] What it is? NKLR

>     What capability does that 'database' section give us? If a guy, say, > wanted to tabulate tire recommendations made by various subscribers, or > lists of modifications or other stuff, would he just create a table and put > the stuff in? Looks like a neat place to stuff FAQs. In fact, there is a FAQ > template.

There's all kinds of useful and neat storage space for us here.

>     And Fred, it looks like you can put your link here, too.

Yup... There's Link spots too.  I've started to add a couple already.  Feel free to add your KLR page links people.

>     Nice place we have here! I feel like I've moved into a new house.

This is EXACTLY the same parallel I drew today myself.  I was feeling a little melancholy about the move (HEY, I'M SENSITIVE O.K.!?), and then thought that we're the same "collective"  or family, we've just moved down the street.  =^)

Arne

Message: 24    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:32:35 -0400    From: "Dave Leslie" les123@home.com> Subject: NKLR Test

Teat

Message: 25    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:41:47 -0500    From: "Calis" calis@ticz.com> Subject: Re: NKLR Test

Where?????  hehe

Calis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Leslie" les123@home.com> To: "klr650 Mailing List" DSN_klr650@egroups.com> Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 18:32 Subject: [DSN_klr650] NKLR Test

Teat

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 72% off on Name brand Watches! Come and buy today and get free shipping! http://click.egroups.com/1/2712/3/_/_/_/955063932/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------