1/4 mile times ?

DSN_KLR650
Pat Schmid

nklr katrina response

Post by Pat Schmid » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:58 pm

> > It is also a fact that The National Response Plan makes it crystal
clear
> that the President and FEMA are responsible for pro-actively initiating > rescue and relief efforts in an emergency - once the president
declared it
> a national emergency, it was HIS responsibility to to take action. Not > stay on vacation and go shopping and play the guitar. > > The governor didn't do a good job, but Bush and his FEMA appointee
REALLY
> dropped the ball, and I wish for once "the buck stops here" would
return
> and SOMEONE in the administration would take responsibility for
ANYTHING.
> > erik (the other one, in the other LA)
I have consulted the quatranes of Nostradomos and he predicts that it will be discovered that once FEMA was moved under the DHS, the FEMA budget was used to build out the DHS while career emergancy planners were replaced with political appointees. It will also be told that when faced with a Republican President coming to save the day a Democrat Governor said not on my turf, I will not let the Republicans pull a Democrats bacon out of the Fire and that while the feds did run a simulated disaster drill that used a force 5 hurrican hitting New Orleans for the problem the city of New Orleans did nothing to to attempt to apply the lessons learned even though the priactice drill pretty much predicted the after math that has every body playing this stupid finger pointing game. There is plenty of time to come back and deal with this. Right now there is something like 3/4 of a million people that need some serious help getting back on their feet. Thats job 1. And if you want to blame Bush, at least he took control out of Brown's hands and put a Vice Admiral from the Coast Guard in control. At least he's trying to be part of the soultion.

Russell Scott

nklr katrina response

Post by Russell Scott » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:37 am

The biggest problem with my party (the Republican) is they said they where for smaller government, and since they have been in power, its growing like the blob. Adding another level of bureaucracy by creating a giant PR firm entitled "Homeland Security" was a big mistake, and FEMA is suffering under it. But that has nothing to do with the complete incompetence of the mayor of NO, and the Governor of Louisiana. Amazing how well FEMA handled four major hurricanes last year in states that seemed to have a functional state and local government. R

Mark Sampson

1/4 mile times ?

Post by Mark Sampson » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:46 am

Is that actual time, or re-calculated to allow for high altitude power loss. !?! ;-] You know---I need to re-figure that time---I think I took a water break between the sheep and mules :) Mark Rick A17 Mark Sampson wrote: 3 minutes 4.367 seconds. But I had to go thru 2 mules and a flock of sheep on the inside of a mountain ledge road----800 ft. drop off. Mark :) Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Yahoo! Groups Links --------------------------------- Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] Archive Quicksearch at: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/klr650_data_search.html List sponsored by Dual Sport News at: www.dualsportnews.com List FAQ courtesy of Chris Krok at: www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html Yahoo! Groups Links