four minutes (nklr)

DSN_KLR650
Tengai Mark Van Horn

chains & sprockets

Post by Tengai Mark Van Horn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:45 pm

At 6:28 PM -0700 9/5/06, Don S wrote:
>...bacon...
As the chain heats up, does it sizzle and smell like a griddle in a diner? If so, remind me not to ride behind you on an empty stomach. Mark

Don S

chains & sprockets

Post by Don S » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:56 pm

Don't want to dissappoint you Mark, but due to the effectiveness of the lubrication, there is very little heat generated. On the otherhand, I have had the odd occasion when the bacon flipped up and began strumming the spokes. Kind of like in the old days when we would put a cigarette package on our bicycles to make noise. Considering the sound of the KLR exhaust, I would sometimes leave the bacon there. Don Tengai Mark Van Horn wrote: At 6:28 PM -0700 9/5/06, Don S wrote:
>...bacon...
As the chain heats up, does it sizzle and smell like a griddle in a diner? If so, remind me not to ride behind you on an empty stomach. Mark --------------------------------- How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger s low PC-to-Phone call rates. [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hedrek

four minutes (nklr)

Post by Hedrek » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:17 pm

Don't ask me about Dual Star, and my long delayed order. But I did revisit Fred's site today and will move that order in the next day or so. And I'm headed to Moab in Octubre to see the temple in the flesh. Yeah baby! Hedrek --- "E.L. Green" wrote:
> That's how long it took between getting the Paypal > receipt and getting > the notice "your package has been shipped" from > Fred. > > Is his shop next door to the post office or > somethin'? Or does he just > have a time travel machine there in Moab that he > uses to travel back > in time and ship his stuff? Curious penguins want to > know! > > -E > > > > >
__________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com